Andhra Pradesh: 1. AISECT, joined the Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) to impart skill development training to 120 unemployed Scheduled Cast youth in Nandyal, Guntur and Chittoor. 2. GAIL (India) Limited has started a skill development programme called “Kaushal”, at Nagaram village in East Godavari district. 3. Pratyancha, a skill development programme on advanced pharma and biotechnology was launched at Yogi Vemana University. This is jointly offered by LSSSDC, APSSDC and CSIR-IICT.
Arunachal Pradesh: Twenty-five rural youths from across the state participated in a vocational training for vermicompost producers, at the College of Horticulture & Forestry, for transforming farmers into successful ‘agripreneurs’.
Bihar: Marg ERP Ltd has signed a MoU with the Bihar government to open a chain of centres at Gaya and Buxar to provide skill training and employment to rural youths in retail, accounting and IT sectors. Delhi
- The sector skill councils will create an offshoot manpower sourcing company each and aggregate demand across job roles and sectors to help provide jobs to skilled people from the councils. The Electronics Sector Skills Council will be the first one to have such a manpower sourcing company.
- Around 300 people will be trained under National Apprenticeship Scheme in Gurgaon and paid wages decided by the government for semi-skilled force.
- Birla Edutech Limited will set up hospitals and Ayurvedic treatment centres in partnership with the Uttarakhand government.
- The government is planning to start a scheme to rehabilitate beggars and provide skill development training to them.
- Mahindra Logistics will train 10000 drivers across the country. The training programme under PMKVY is to sensitize, train and empower drivers about safety and security.
- The Eicher Group Foundation and Aide et Action have come together to initiate a decentralised demand driven employability and entrepreneurship training.
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) will train the children of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) jawans to help them gain employment.
- LabourNet, has been chosen to expand Tata Trust and Google India-backed internet awareness program, ‘Internet Sathi’ in the states of Maharashtra and Haryana to promote internet usage among rural women.
- Dassault Systèmes and Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation have signed a MoU to set up a 3DEXPERIENCE Center to make students industry ready in the field of Aerospace & Defense, Automotive and.
- Amity Humanity Foundation conducted the 2nd batch of a three months long “Sewing Machine Operator Training course” for girls and women of villages under the CSR programme of ONGC.
- AICTE has introduced the new curriculum for engineering and technical courses which will give more weightage to lab assignments and practicals apart from theoretical knowledge only.
- Skill training programmes run under both NSDC and ITIs will be brought under a statutory body for regulation.
- Union minister said skill development and promoting entrepreneurship is a key priority for the government and it is linking it with other programmes like upgrading rail network and providing households with power and cooking gas supply.
- India’s only state-of-the-art skill university, BSDU signed a MoU with Arya Group of Colleges and Genus Power for providing Skills Training to the Students.
- The government has approved two schemes SANKALP, STRIVE to improve the skill development in youth.
Goa: Goa Tourism Development Corporation organised a soft skill training programme for tourists taxi operators in Vasco.
Jharkhand: Skill Development Mission Society (JSDMS), the nodal agency to equip unemployed youths with skills and jobs, has begun strategising how to meet a much more ambitious target of 1 lakh placements for 2019.
Jammu and Kashmir : 1. The Indian Army has established a Skill Training Centre at the Headquarters of Rashtriya Rifles (RR) in Haiderbeg, Pattan area in in Jammu and Kashmir to empower the Kashmiri youth. 2. For the first time J&K will send a team of skilled candidates to participate in the regional skill competition under World Skills India, an initiative of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
Karnataka: 1. The Union Minister said a new civil service cadre for skill development called Indian Skill Development Service (ISDS) will be introduced for training youth. 2. A workshop on, ‘Up-skilling of Orthopaedicians for Enhancement of Competencies’ was organised Institute of Health Management and Research, Bangalore. 3. To cater to the aviation industry the government has planned to start separate skill universities, opened by the private sector under the PPP model.
Odisha: 1. As part of India Skills 2018 and World Skill International Competition 2019 to be held in Russia, the state Skill Development and Technical Education Department will conduct competitions wherein students from ITIs, polytechnics, MSME tool rooms, CIPET, NIFT, IITs, engineering colleges, NIT and hospitality institutes at district and state level will participate. 2. Pradhan wants to promote global tie-ups to transform Odisha into a skill development and training hub. 3. A tripartite MoU was signed for implementing a soft skill training programme in some ITIs of Odisha under which 800 students will be trained over a period of two years. 4. Many state and central government agencies came together to conduct a two-day inclusive job fair, for differently-abled and mainstream youth.
Maharashtra: India’s first state-backed job placement centre will open in Mumbai soon. After Mumbai centres will open in Aurangabad and Nagpur.
Nagaland: To promote overseas education and employment in Japan for Indian students, a programme was launched by Eduwork Japan Centre of Excellence in partnership with YouthNet at Hotel De Oriental Grand, Kohima.
- Lakmé Academy powered by Aptech (LAPA) will open multiple centers in Chandigarh. LAPA aims to be the biggest player in the beauty and wellness vocational skilling sector and plans to continue growing by opening training academies in the coming years as well.
- Punjab University organised a function to felicitate 96 students, who were imparted skill-development training in mobile phone and computer hardware repairing from certified training centres.
- The state government will make major changes in the courses and syllabus of the technical education courses keeping in mind the current and future needs of the industry to provide jobs to the youth.
- The government will run free self-employment training courses for agriculture and allied services under the skill development mission.
- Career counselling programmes will start in government schools to help parents and students become aware regarding field of study suitable for their children after completion of matric and higher secondary studies.
- PSDM has recommended developing Ludhiana MSDC as Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra and implementing Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana in the centre.
Rajasthan: Shridhar University is Offering Skill Oriented Courses to enhance employability of students
Telangana: 1. SETWIN centre is training the women from Old City in Hyderabad in different crafts so that they can earn a modest income staying at home. The products made by trained women and girls are purchased by SETWIN on the market rate in order to encourage women entrepreneurship. 2. Tata Consultancy Services joined 25 other international companies to launch a global reskilling initiative at the World Economic Forum to provide training to 10 million people by 2020.
West Bengal: 1. CREDAI Bengal conducted on-site training programmes for construction workers, through its experienced in-house Training Partners. The workers who successfully completed the course were rewarded at a ceremony at Calcutta. 2. The Government has decided to impart advanced vocational training for skill development in higher secondary (HS) schools as it is crucial for creating employment opportunities.
Uttarakhand: ONGC has launched a project on Beekeeping to generate employment in rural areas and promote a sustainable ecosystem in and around the wilderness of Jim Corbett National Park.