Skill development initiatives in India have seen many landmark deliberations, decisions and initiatives in 2016. As the year-end is just around the corner, let’s revisit the milestones in Skill India Journey. Our team has compiled the highlights at the national level for a quick recap of the headlines. Don’t forget to view and share the same in the movie format below!
Skill Development Budget
An outlay of Rs.1,700 crore will be used to set up 1,500 multi-skill training institutes (MSTIs) across the country.MSTIs will be new generation ITIs set up in PPP mode.
World Youth Skills Day
- First edition of India Skills Competition inaugurated on World Youth Skills Day.
- Launch of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) 2.0
- India International Skill Centres
- India Skills Online Portal
- Labour Management Information System (LMIS)