Are you wondering what exactly will be your roles and responsibilities as a Salesforce Developer? Is there some confusion whether you’d be working in the domain of IT or sales? – These are a few queries you might be having if you are planning to launch a career in Salesforce.
As companies are speeding up their technology adoption to keep up with fast changing client needs and new remote working models resulting in the exponential growth of Salesforce. With the growth of Salesforce, the demand for skilled Salesforce professionals is on a rise!
Salesforce is anticipated to create 4.2 million jobs globally by 2024, according to a recent report by IDC. By 2024, the company aims to create 548,400 direct jobs in India alone. And a quick search on Naukri.com reveals that there are 62000 Salesforce Developer jobs available.
If you wish to build a career as a Salesforce developer then this is the right time to do so. And understanding the roles and responsibilities along with the skills required for the job role will answer your queries regarding the job role and will help you make an informed decision.
Salesforce Developer roles and responsibilities
As a Salesforce Developer, you will create solutions for managing and improving customer relationships in the cloud. You will be in charge of designing, creating, and implementing cloud apps that analyse and deliver client management data effectively.
As Salesforce is a low-code or no-code application development platform, you don’t need to have a coding background to become a Salesforce Developer which makes it a perfect career choice for you if you wish to launch your IT career without any prior coding experience.
Here are the roles and responsibilities of a Salesforce Developer,
- You will be required to handle the Salesforce Customization requirements and Salesforce Configuration including the user interface with all relevant choices.
- You will work on developing applications for peer Salesforce developers
- You will also design a business portal along with components like page layouts and others
- Ensuring complex customer workflows into Salesforce specific outputs will also be a part of your responsibility
- As a Salesforce Developer, mapping functional needs to Salesforce functionalities will also be a part of your job description
- You will also work on the creation of technical approaches and plans to encompass all needed procedures, analysing customer requirements and then designing and developing the application to meet those needs.
- Seamless integration with third party systems, Creation of mobile, web applications, identification of business processes, and maintenance of user roles to ensure no security breaches will also be a major part of your job roles.
Essential skills to build a career in Salesforce
While you don’t need a strong coding background, there are certain skill sets that are required to be an efficient Salesforce Developer. And learning the skills and building the right expertise will help you leverage all the opportunities in the domain.
Here are a few must-have technical as well as soft skills to launch a career in Salesforce,
- Fundamental object-oriented programming concepts
- MVC style of designing
- Data management, modeling
- Visualforce and Apex fundamentals
- Lightning framework
- Developer console
- Web services, SQL, Salesforce Object Query Language
- jQuery, AngularJS, Bootstrap
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skill
- Project management
Even if Salesforce has ‘sales’ in its name, it is not a sales job. Rather, it is an IT job with minimal to no coding requirements. And the average Salesforce Developer salary in India, according to PayScale, is more than INR 500,000 per year which is one of the crucial appealing factors of the job.
As the demand for skilled professionals is increasing, candidates with additional skills will stand out to employers in the future. Salesforce certification is the most effective approach to learn these new skills. The Certified Salesforce Platform Developer program by TalentSprint is one such unique and effective Salesforce certification program which will help you build all the required skills. The registrations for 2021 are closed for the program. If you wish to know more about the program and receive the latest updates, please stay connected and keep visiting their official Certified Salesforce Platform Developer program page.