MoU with Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, (LUVAS) Hisar
On 6th December 2016, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between ASCI and Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, (LUVAS), Hisar. The signatories, Dr. Satender Singh Arya, CEO, ASCI and Dr. Nita Khanna, Director, HRM, LUVAS, look forward to mutual collaboration and support in successful implementation of various skill development initiatives in agriculture and allied sectors.
Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, (LUVAS), Hisar, was established as a full-fledged university for the purpose of affiliating, teaching and ensuring systematic instruction, training, research in modern systems of veterinary animal sciences, fishery sciences and allied sciences.
ASCI, the sector skill council for agriculture and allied sector including dairy, poultry, veterinary and animal sciences supported by leading industry players in India with an aim to create an ecosystem for quality vocational education in allied sectors. The aim is to meet the entire value chain’s requirements of trained manpower across all levels on a sustained and evolving basis. Following are the areas for mutual collaboration and support:
- Alignment of short term skill based training programs with NSQF
- Conduct of assessment and certification
- Train the trainer with support from universities for technical and infrastructure support in organising the program
- Skill development center / training institutes – set them up for training and capacity building across various segments of veterinary and animal sciences – animal husbandry, animal health, dairy and fisheries
- Manpower and infrastructure required – existing —will be used – If need arises, both parties may jointly request for grant from state or central government.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) – will be jointly organised to mobilize skilled and semi-skilled farmers, workers and technicians which can be assessed and certified by ASCI as per NSQF
- Skill Gap Study: Conduct a skill gap study for the entire veterinary and animal sciences segment in the Haryana. ASCI will provide manpower support and jointly collect and analyse the data.
- Labour Market Information System (LMIS): Information from skill gap study will be aligned with national LMIS for agriculture allied sector in Haryana.The data provided by LUVAS will be uploaded on the content portal by ASCI.
- Development of Occupational Standards, curriculum and learning materials in veterinary and animal sciences will be undertaken by ASCI. LUVAS will support ASCI with technical know-how and validation.