IIT Kanpur is offering a unique eMasters Degree Programme for professionals. The programme will help them build deep domain knowledge and gain a prestigious degree and alumni status from IIT Kanpur. Currently, the programme is being offered in two specialized industry-focused areas which will help professionals advance in their careers.
The admissions are now open for the programme. You can fill out your application by visiting the IIT Kanpur eMasters Degree programme page. There are two application windows. 1st window closes on May 20, 2022. The final window is from May 21, 2022 to June 3, 2022.
IIT Kanpur eMasters programme: What is unique about the programme?
- The programme is designed and taught by world-class faculty and researchers from IIT Kanpur.
- The programme is specially designed for working professionals keeping the constraints in their schedule in mind.
- There will be weekend-only live interactive sessions along with self-paced learning.
- GATE score will not be needed and selection will be based on the academic and professional background
- IIT Kanpur will award the eMasters degree to the participants who have successfully completed the program requirements.
What’s in it for you?
- You will have the flexibility to complete the program between 1 to 3 years based on your schedule.
- You will have access to the IIT Kanpur placement cell, incubation cell and alumni network.
- The programme will help you build deep expertise in the domain of your interest with multi-disciplinary modules, lectures, discussions, quizzes, and assignments.
- The programme will provide you with a platform for peer networking which is an integral part of career building.
- There’s a scope of credit transfer of up to 60 credits if you wish to pursue higher education at IIT Kanpur.
- You will get an opportunity to visit the IIT Kanpur campus as a part of the programme.
All about eMasters in Communication Systems and Quantitative Finance and Risk Management
The eMasters programme is entirely online and available in two domains- Communication systems which is a technical programme and Quantitative Finance and Risk Management which is a management programme.
Communication Systems: Build your technical expertise in 5G, 6G and Edge computing
The eMasters in Communication Systems would provide you with a thorough understanding and appreciation of modern digital communications systems including 5G, 6G and Edge computing. The technical eMasters programme is best suitable for you if you want to progress in your career in the telecom or relevant industry by building an in-demand skill set.
The programme is designed to help you build all the technical skills related to the modern communication system. You must have a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline of Electrical, Electronics, Allied Engineering or Sciences disciplines with relevant background in signal processing and communications engineering.
Quantitative Finance and Risk Management programme for budding traders or finance enthusiasts
The eMasters in Quantitative Finance and Risk Management programme is designed for aspiring traders and financiers who want to build a name for themselves in the alternative investment space. It places a major emphasis on using quantitative finance to improve risk management procedures in enterprises. It allows you to work on up to four projects at a time, giving them practical experience in Quantitative Finance and Risk Management.
To be eligible for the programme, you need to have a Bachelor’s Degree or a Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline such as Engineering, Science, Economics or MBA.
Here is how the IIT Kanpur eMasters programme works
You will select a specific programme of your choice from Communication Systems and Quantitative Finance and Risk Management and apply for it on the official website.
- The selection process includes an application review, selection test and interview.
- The program is worth a total of 60 Credits with 12 modules and 5 credits per module.
- A module entails 8 weeks of teaching followed by an examination period of 2 weeks.
- Participants can opt for 0, 5, 10 or 15 credits (equivalent to 0, 1, 2 or 3 modules respectively) in a quarter.
- You will need a Bachelor’s Degree (4 years program) or a Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline with at least 55% marks or 5.5/10 CPI.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience is required to apply for the programme.
- You need not be currently employed to be eligible for the programme.
If you wish to read about TalentSprint DeepTech programmes, please visit the TalentSprint dedicated page on our website.
The eMasters programme by IIT Kanpur will not only help you build your expertise in various in-demand technologies but will also help you advance in your career. So, if you are looking to pursue a degree, and facing issues with your schedule, then the IIT Kanpur eMasters Degree Programme is the best choice for you! Explore more on TalentSprint’s website and apply to the programme before the seats get filled!
Leave a Reply