The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) is organizing a national conference on skill development in Lucknow in 24th March 2017 at Hotel Vivanta by Taj, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. The theme of the conference “Transforming Youth through Skilling in Uttar Pradesh” captures various aspects of skill development and vocational training such as training programs, training partners, industry representatives, placement agencies, sector skill councils, schemes from the national and state government, employment and entrepreneurship opportunities and so on.
ASSOCHAM National Conference on Skill Development, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
ASSOCHAM considers skill development as a critical strategy for achieving faster, sustainable and inclusive growth by providing decent employment opportunities to the growing young population in India. Countries with higher and better levels of skills adjust more effectively to the challenges and opportunities of world of work.
ASSOCHAM appreciates various initiatives and efforts for skilling of the youth which have created a positive impact in making them employable and enabling sustainable livelihoods. However, there is a need to further develop and empower the human capital to ensure the nation’s global competitiveness.
ASSOCHAM has invited Shri Abhishek Mishra, Hon’ble Minister of Vocational Education and Skill Development, Govt. of Uttar Pradesh to be the Chief Guest in this conference.
Following are some of the key issues that would be discussed at the event:
- Skill Development – Issues and Challenges in Industry
- Skill Ecosystem – Realignment
- Issues and challenges before VTP’s, Assessing Bodies and SSCs
- Financing Models of Skill Development Activities
- Forecast of skill linked to the new Business Order
- Skilling to Placement: Success Story and Way Forward
Following is the tentative list of invited speakers at the event:
- Shri Bhuvnesh Kumar, IAS, Secretary, Department of Vocational Training and Skill Development Government of Uttar Pradesh
- Shri Manish Kumar, MD & CEO, National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)
- Shri Asheesh Sharma, IAS, Jt. Secretary & DGT, Ministry of Skill Dev. & Entrepreneurship, GOI
- Shri Rajesh Kumar, IAS, Mission Director, Uttar Pradesh Skill Development Mission
- Shri Jaikant Singh, Partnership & State Alliance, National Skill Development Corporation
- Shri Ajay Chhagani, CEO, RVS Education Trust
The conference will focus on sharing knowledge and best practices in skill development, creating better job opportunities for the youth in Uttar Pradesh, networking and encouraging participation from Government and Private Sectors.
ASSOCHAM takes this opportunity to invite you to participate as “Delegate” and set the tone and tenor of discussions in this conference. Your organization can avail limited “Sponsorship Opportunities” in this very important conference to enhance your brand visibility.
For more details please contact: