ADVANCED TRAINING INSTITUTE (ATI) & CATERPILLAR INDIA PVT LTD
2-JUNE-2017 : Friday
The Industry Walk Through is about equipping the participants with relevant knowledge about skill development and training. The participants include Technical Personnel from top and middle management, Senior Management Personnel involved in Production, Manufacturing heads, Human Resource, Academia, Maintenance, Quality, Marketing and other like functions who need exposure to manufacturing processes followed in the industry.
The objective of this program is to sensitize the participants about the need for skilled employees and the relevance of industry-integrated training. This will help them appreciate the overall emphasis on making Indian a skilled nation.
Benefits of Industry Walk Through
- Industry Walk Through help participants to gain hands-on experience of how industry operations are executed
- Industry Walk Through bridge the gap between theoretical training and practical learning which will help the participants to plan training modules in their relevance space.
- The participants will become more aware of industry practices and regulations during the visit.
- Opportunity to network with other participants from other industries.
The Industry Visit is classified into:
Session 1 : ‘Think through’ : Visit to training centre (ATI, Chennai)
- A visit to their training Centre to get oriented on the theoretical aspects of what they observed in the industry.
- Understand how training is designed and delivered with reference to the practical component.
Session 2 : ‘Go through’ : Industry visit (Caterpillar India Pvt. Ltd)
- A guided tour of the relevant department in the industry with the help of a mentor nominated by the industry.
- Getting first-hand exposure to the production environment and observe how skilled are being demonstrated to accomplish various tasks.
- Interaction with the managers, supervisors and workers to understand their work better.
Session 3 : ‘Break through’ : Consolidate and present the observations and learnings
- Connect what they observed in the industry premises and relate it with how training is delivered for the same/similar skills and knowledge.
The following are the safety requirements while visiting inside the factory floor :
- Formal shoe
- Helmet, Safety Goggles & Ear protection (Will be taken care by Caterpillar)
- No watch & Rings
0830 hrs : Assemblage at CII Office (Registration)
0900 – 0915 hrs : Brief Introduction about Industry Walk Through &
Handing over observational material / guide to the participants
0930 hrs : Start from CII Office
0945 – 1115 hrs : Think Through : Advanced Training Institute (ATI), Chennai
1115 – 1130 hrs : Refreshment & Networking Break
1130 hrs : Start from Advanced Training Institute (ATI), Guindy
1130 – 1245 hrs : Activity during the travel
1245 – 1255 hrs : Formalities at Security Gate
1255 – 1320 hrs : Lunch
1320 – 1600 hrs : Go Through and Break Through : Caterpillar India Pvt. Ltd
1600 hrs : Start from the Caterpillar India Pvt. Ltd
1600 – 1745 hrs : Activity during the travel
1800 hrs : End of Industry Walk Through
Assemblage at : CII Southern Regional Headquarters, CK Prahalad Centre, 98/1, Velachery Main Road, Guindy, Chennai.
Assemblage Time : 1100 hrs on 2-June-2017
(Inclusive of service tax)
Rs.2500/- for CII Member;
Rs. 3000/- for Non-Member
The delegates has been restricted to 20 Members and the registration will be closed on 28-May-2017