Apprenticeships are industry-led training programs aimed at skilling and preparing youth for better employment. Apprenticeships comprise work-integrated training, designed and delivered as per the industry’s requirements, either on the industry premises or facilitated by a training partner. Post-training, most apprentices get absorbed as employees and continue to grow in their chosen careers.
Before the launch of National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS), Apprenticeships in India were largely regulated by law and this made it difficult for the industry to embrace it. NAPS aims to promote apprenticeship through incentives and flexible options for employers who engage apprentices. The main objective of the scheme is to increase the engagement of apprentices from present 2.3 lakh to 50 lakh by 2020.
Key learning: The scope of this webinar series is create awareness about the benefits of apprenticeships and NAPS in the backdrop of the skills-deficit faced by the industry and youth employability issues.
Content covered: The 2-part series of webinars will be conducted as 2-hour sessions, on 2 consecutive days. The participants are invited to share questions that may be answered during the webinar or later as a follow-up.
Day 1: Apprenticeship for effective workforce development in micro, small, medium and large enterprises
- Holistic view of workforce development various enterprises
- Building a continuous relationship with academia by employing apprentices
- Barriers, benefits and challenge
Day 2: Successful implementation of Apprenticeship programs – with reference to NAPS
- Overview of National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme
- How NAPS works
- Implementing NAPS in your organization
Audience: Anyone who is a stakeholder in the skilling ecosystem:HR professionals, decision makers in SMEs and MSMEs, trainers, master trainers, government officials, skill entrepreneurs, vocational trainers, ITI and polytechnic principals, assessment agencies, sector skill council members and academicians.
Few Lines about the faculty:
Dr Madhuri Dubey has had an interesting professional journey connecting people with technology. After a rich and varied MNC experience of 20 years in the field of educational media, training and marketing she founded National Skills Network – NSN a year ago. Through NSN – an online media platform dedicated to skill development – she is striving hard to bring together all the stakeholders in education, training, industry and government to capture their positive impact and share it with wider audience.She is keenly exploring ways to link education and training with employment and employability by creating awareness about the need to seamlessly integrate vocational stream with the mainstream academics. Her book on e-learning Effective e-Learning – Design, Development, Delivery is the first of its kind in India and has helped several educational institutions with their e-learning initiatives.
Delegate Fee: Rs.1000/- per person (Incl. of Service Tax)
For further clarifications, please write to Ms Saranya / Ms Sandhya at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
+91 44 42444555 (Ext: 657) / +91 8940032581
Advantages of Webinar:
- Direct contact with the faculty to resolve your queries.
- Revise countless times through recorded versions, which will be shared after the sessions.
- Engaging via digital course of delivery (avoid travel and waiting hours).
Terms & Conditions:
- Prior registration & Pre payment is must.
- CII shall share the Session link and confirm your participation through registered participant email only.
- Medium of instruction will be English
- Delegate fee is non-refundable; however, change in nomination is accepted.
- PC-based attendees: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
- Mac®-based attendees: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
- Mobile attendees: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet
CII will not be responsible for any disturbance in the broadcast due to IT/ network disruptions at the participants end.