Continuous learning is an indispensable tool for every career! According to a study by Deloitte, software engineers have to completely redevelop their skills every 12-18 months for steady career growth.
So, if you want to pursue a career in IT, you should invest in learning at least one of the new-age skills to stay relevant with upcoming industry demands. Continuing to learn can be a huge factor in your career advancement and an investment in yourself.
Continuous learning: The key to your career growth
All job roles have changed significantly as a result of technological intervention, and similarly, the concept of a career is also evolving. A career is no longer limited to ascending the typical career ladder in a straight line. It necessitates a more dynamic interpretation that is industry-specific.
The question is, how can you get started on a path to achieving your career goals after completing a degree programme? You can consider enrolling in short-term training courses. Such courses will only assist you in getting jobs. However, if you want to create a career, they won’t benefit you in the long run.
Building a successful career in any industry, today requires a diverse approach toward skilling and continuous learning.
To launch a career in new-age technologies like Data Science, Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning, you should look for a course that will help you with all the necessary expertise, mentor you and also help you connect with people from the industry.
TalentSprint, one of the major EdTech companies in India, is offering many such DeepTech programmes for graduates, which provides industry-relevant training along with dedicated placement support. To know more, please visit TalentSprint’s official programme page.
5 reasons why continuous learning is critical for long-term career growth
According to LinkedIn, 87% of millennials believe that skill development is important for a career. So, continuous development skills to match the current requirement of the industry will help you future-proof your career.
Here are the 5 reasons why continuous learning is the key to your career growth
- Helps you stay relevant – A career in any field, whether it is IT, Healthcare, or Education, has a technological aspect attached to it. All the job roles are being altered by heavy digital transformation. So, staying relevant to the current industry requirement is extremely crucial. And continuous learning helps you stay relevant to the industry and the current job market. So, start investing your time learning any of the DeepTech skills to have guaranteed success in your career in the long run.
- Equips you with multiple skills – Learning new-age skills will help you become multi-functional in your organization. As organizations are becoming digital, they require skilled professionals who can handle technology-driven job roles. With some cross-training and upskilling you can become an even more valuable asset to your company and have a better understanding of the organization and the industry as a whole.
- Create a portfolio- Continuous learning will lead to continuous improvement, which can support your career growth. It helps you expand the scope of your resume with additional learning and certifications. As you broaden your skills, you’ll be able to add more components to your resume that will increase your value as a potential employee.
- Prepare for the VUCA world – Technology is ever-evolving. The skills that you have learned today might get obsolete in a period of 3 to 5 years. So, when you have the habit of upgrading your skills at a regular interval of time, you will not be threatened by any unexpected change coming your way in your career and will be well prepared for the VUCA – volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity of the world.
- Unleash creativity and critical thinking – When you’re constantly learning new information, you will be able to unleash your creativity and critical thinking skills. You will eventually be able to connect various ideas or tools and develop your innovative ideas. Continuous learning widens the horizon of your skills both technical and non-technical skills which are crucial for the workplace and life to help you grow in your career.
Also read: Career Vs Job: All you need to know about a career and ways to convert your job into a career
Do you wish to see steady growth in your career? Then start participating in training, workshops or any potential coaching opportunities that come your way. Be proactive about your learning and ask for it. This way, you will become better at your job and will ensure better long-term career growth.
Today, learning new skills is just one click away. You can acquire and build your skill-sets from wherever you want. You just have to maintain a positive attitude toward learning and upskilling!
Leave a Reply