The Logistics sector is one of the five top employment generating sectors in the post-COVID economy in India as per an assessment by NSDC. Currently, the Logistics industry in India provides a livelihood for about 22 million people in the country. The industry is expected to grow further in the coming years and is estimated to be a USD 200 billion industry with a contribution of over 14% to India’s GDP.
If we go by the reports and statistics then this is a golden time to build a career in the Logistics industry. However, you need to acquire the required skill set through skill development and proper training.
Nettur Technical Training Foundation (NTTF) has launched a unique apprenticeship-based Diploma Program in Logistics Technology to help you achieve your dream of working in the industry. NTTF has partnered with the Logistics Sector Skills Council (LSC) to launch the program.
Here are a few highlights of the program,
- The program is a unique blend of classroom sessions as well as apprenticeship training modules.
- Students in the three-year Diploma program would pursue common engineering subjects in the first year of study.
- There is a flexibility to come back with a break to complete the Diploma.
- You will get an opportunity to pursue a Logistics Technology specialization in the second and third year and will acquire the knowledge, skill, and attitude required for supply chain industries.
- The duration of each spell of apprenticeship is 6 months.
The admission for the Diploma program is currently open. To know more about the Diploma in Logistics Technology program and the admission process, please visit- https://www.nttftrg.com/diploma-programs/diploma-in-logistics-technology
After the completion of the course, you will get an opportunity to work in Supply Management and Logistics, Distribution and Material Movement, Production Logistics and Management, Reverse Logistics and Product Return.
Diploma in Logistics Technology: All you wanted to know about the program
The program will help you with your all-round development and will make you strongly employable in the profession. This three year program builds relevant skills and knowledge in various fields such as,
- Procurement logistics
- Production logistics
- Sales logistics
- Recovery logistics
- Recycling logistics
- Packaging, handling, storage and transportation
Eligibility to enrol in the course
- To enrol in the regular three year program, you must complete your class 10th
- You must complete your HSC (vocational) from Higher Secondary schools with PCM subjects for regular three year program
- Lateral Entry to the second year will be provided if you have completed your class 10+ITI or Class 12th or PUC (with PCM subjects)
- The maximum age limit to apply for this course is 24 years
Here’s how the Diploma program is different
- You will be trained in real-time scenarios, theory and OJTs which will enhance your employability.
- You will be provided with laptops along with study materials for online classroom assessments
- There will be assessments after every classroom session and intermediate exams/semester exams in both theories and practical to provide you with clear and timely feedback
- Your competencies will be developed through technical talk, shop talk, discovery learning and working projects in the 6th Semester
- You will get an opportunity to participate in various national and international competitions
- You will also be given exposure to modern automation logistics
If you wish to build a career in the Logistics industry, then this Diploma course by NTTF would help you build the required skill set and will also provide you with apprenticeship opportunities.
Also read: All about the Diploma courses offered at NTTF- Admissions are now open! https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/all-about-the-diploma-courses-offered-at-nttf-admissions-are-now-open/
NTTF is one of the premier institutions of India which prepares its students to be industry-ready with employment-based and industry-integrated courses to address the industry-academia gap in the country.