The Government of India under the aegis of the Ministry of Electronics and IT has collaborated with NASSCOM to launch FutureSkills Prime. FutureSkills Prime is a learning platform built by the government together with the IT Industry for the people of India. It aims to reskill and upskill around four lakh professionals in the next three years with an objective to propel India into a leadership position in the digital world. The platform is supported by an entire ecosystem of industry players, technology provides, academic institutions and training partners.
India is growing its digital economy from $200 billion (2019) to as much as $ 1 trillion by 2025 according to the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeITY), GOI. While there is tremendous opportunity for growth, there is also a need for upskilling the existing and potential workforce, with targeted programs spanning across a host of emerging technologies. Composite skills will be the hallmark of the digital economy professional entailing technical skills, domain knowledge and professional skills.
What does FutureSkills Prime offer?
Sign up on Futureskills Prime by visiting https://www.futureskillsprime.in/ and start your learning journey.
FutureSkills Prime platform is designed as a resource for all the learners to not only develop digital fluency in the new-age technologies but also build advanced skills by getting certified on industry defined skills on both emerging technologies and professional skills. These skills include:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Big Data Analytics
- Cloud Computing
- Cyber Security
- Internet of Things
- Mobile Tech
- Robotic Process Automation
- Virtual Reality
- 3D Printing
- Problem solving
- Design thinking
- Continuous learning
- Communication and story-telling
- Project management
- Product management
- Program management
- Digital leadership
- Negotiation and influence
What’s in it for learners?
- Free and short learning pathways of 40 minutes duration curated by industry experts for both techies and non-techies that ensure relevance to what learners really need to know when on-the-job.
- Micro-credentials: Take a quiz at the end of each learning pathway to check your understanding and win badges every time you successfully complete a piece of learning and flaunt it in your social network
- Courses aligned to NSQF approved National Occupational Standards (NOS) provided by best-in-class training and technology providers, for job roles that are Level 5 and above, the content ensures a level of standardisation and quality.
FutureSkills Prime shows the commitment of the Government to drive a program to make India the global hub of talent in emerging technologies. The initiative has funded the creation of a digital learning platform, where learners can attain ‘digital fluency’ and get certified in industry-validated and government-approved courses.
Also read: NASSCOM FutureSkills partners Microsoft to launch AI Classroom Series to skill India’s future workforce https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nasscom-futureskills-partners-microsoft-to-launch-ai-classroom-series/