In today’s world, having the requisite technical skills, in addition to a degree, is essential for landing a suitable job. What could be better than a course that provides you with the essential technical skills as well as a diploma and a degree at the conclusion of your studies?
In collaboration with prominent universities and colleges, Nettur Technical Training Foundation (NTTF), a pioneer in offering technical training, has established a unique B.Voc programme. Students receive a degree and a diploma as a result of the program’s dual benefits.
The three-year programme uses a concurrent method to give students the option to acquire both a university degree and an NTTF diploma. Students holding a B.Voc degree in a specific skill set can apply for a specific skill-based visa to study abroad or explore a variety of other options for further education. It also qualifies them for a number of competitive examinations that require a three-year degree credential.
List of courses being offered in collaboration with universities and colleges
The main objective of the B.Voc programme is to develop individuals with the technical skills and knowledge needed for manufacturing and allied industries and products. As a result, NTTF has been offering B.Voc programmes in collaboration with universities since 2017.
- Dayanand Sagar University – Bangalore (Karnataka)- B.Voc Degree + NTTF Diploma in Tool Engineering, Mechatronics, Computers and Information Technology (IT) for Plus Two students / ITI / Equivalent
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) – Vellore (Tamil Nadu) – B.Voc Degree + NTTF Diploma in Tool Engineering and Mechatronics for Plus Two students/ ITI / Equivalent
- ARKA JAIN University – Jamshedpur (Jharkhand) – B.Voc Degree + NTTF Diploma in Tool Engineering, Mechatronics, Electronics and Communication, Electricals and Electronics for Plus Two students/ ITI / Equivalent
How is the NTTF model of B.Voc different from other B.Voc programmes
Students in other B.Voc programmes are only eligible for a degree after completing their diploma. Following the diploma, universities offer lateral entrance in the second year, and students finish the course and receive their degree in two years. When students enroll in a Diploma programme at NTTF, they also have the option of enrolling in a B.Voc programme. They will receive two certificates at the conclusion of the three years: an NTTF diploma and a university degree.
Here are some key highlights of the programme,
- The courses are designed in accordance with UGC guidelines
- After completing the B.Voc, you will be eligible to pursue an MBA, as well as appear for UPSC, Bank and Railways examination and other competitive tests that require a basic degree
- Vocational skills, general education with a focus on practical work, on-the-job training, and project work are all part of the curriculum
- Courses are based on a credit system, with practical and hands-on training accounting for more than 60% of the curriculum
- The key message is – learn while producing and produce while learning
- Industry representatives are invited to the Board of Studies (BoS) to ensure that the courses are industry-aligned
Also read: This unique B.Voc programme awards a university degree and an NTTF diploma – Here’s how it works https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/b-voc-programme-which-awards-a-university-degree-and-an-nttf-diploma-heres-how-it-works/
The B.Voc programme will continue in the future with more skill components that are used for a technical degree. NTTF believes in the ‘Learn and Earn’ strategy and it is being implemented in the B.Voc programmes as well.
If you wish to know more about the program please visit NTTF’s official website- https://www.nttftrg.com/