According to a Boston Consulting Group (BCG) study conducted in collaboration with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Business (FICCI), India’s FinTech industry will potentially reach USD150 billion by 2025. The market size and need for experienced professionals are projected to rise further as new businesses emerge and foreign investors stream in.
However, the focus of this rapid transition has been the widening gaps between academic knowledge and the practical skills needed today. Given the growing pace mismatch between industry and academia, this gap is expected to widen.
The skill gap and must have skills in the FinTech space in 2022 and beyond
63% of Indian businesses say there is a skill gap, particularly in sales, IT, and engineering services. India’s 600 FinTech companies now lack the skills that the market requires, particularly when it comes to having a thorough understanding of key financial and statistical modules.
To advance in a career in the FinTech industry, you must possess some of the critical skills which are currently in demand in the industry.
Most in-demand skills in the FinTech space in 2022 are,
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Programming languages such as R, Java, SWIFT, Kotlin, Python, C++ and OS tools such as Windows, Linux, Unix
- Full-stack development skills
Advanced Programme in FinTech and Financial Blockchain by IIM Calcutta and TalentSprint
The Advanced Programme in FinTech and Financial Blockchain by IIM Calcutta and TalentSprint is opening doors to new possibilities in the fintech industry.
If you wish to be at the forefront of the FinTech Revolution and wish to lead FinTech initiatives in your organization or start your own, then the 6-Month Advanced Programme is best suited for you.
The programme would add value to your career if you are working at middle and senior management levels in Banking, Consulting, Financial Services, Insurance, Management, and Technology in India and overseas.
Eligibility and selection criteria
- You should have scored at least 50% marks in Graduation or Post Graduation
- Also, you must have relevant background and 2+ years of work experience
- Selection for the programme will be done by IIM Calcutta
- Selection is strictly based on the education, work experience and interest of the participants
What are the programme outcomes?
- Provides you with both academic and research insights as well as practical knowledge
- You will also get in-depth exposure to core FinTech domains
- Learning opportunities from the leading faculties of IIM Calcutta
- Opportunity to work on interesting Capstone Case Studies
- you will also be able to network and associate with current and future FinTech leaders
- On the successful completion of this programme, you will receive an Executive Programme Certificate by IIM Calcutta
- You will be part of the alumni network of IIM Calcutta Executive Education
Also read: How FinTech creates path-breaking career through a blend of finance and technology https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/how-fintech-creates-path-breaking-career-through-a-blend-of-finance-and-technology/
The programme is currently running its 6th cohort and the applications for the 7th cohort are also open. Visit the Advanced Programme in FinTech and Financial Blockchain programme page on the TalentSprint website to know more about the programme and application process.