By 2030, the DevOps market is expected to be worth USD 37,227 million. As the practical applications of DevOps expand, the future of DevOps looks extremely promising.
DevOps engineers are now among the most in-demand professionals. Indeed.com, a leading job search portal, has seen a 75% increase in DevOps job listings, while LinkedIn has seen a 50% increase in mentions of DevOps as a skill.
The rising demand for DevOps professionals
DevOps offers lucrative career opportunities, and almost all of the leading MNCs are always looking for skilled professionals to join their teams.
Tech leaders like Oracle, Barclays, Accenture, Tech Mahindra, TCS, IBM, Wipro, and Facebook, to name a few, are constantly looking for experts with DevOps skills.
Even e-commerce giants like Target, Amazon, eBay, and others are quickly embracing DevOps, which is generating a tonne of job opportunities for DevOps specialists.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will earn about 25-35% more than other software engineers with similar experience. So, if you have the necessary skill set and are willing to stay current, your career as a DevOps Engineer is expected to grow.
To read more such articles on in-demand technologies, please visit the dedicated TalentSprint page on our website.
All you wish to know about launching a career in DevOps
- In-demand job roles in DevOps – DevOps Architect, DevOps Engineer, DevOps manager, Security Engineer, Automation Engineer and Release manager are some of the most in-demand job roles in DevOps in 2022.
- Responsibilities of DevOps job roles- DevOps job roles include various responsibilities under which you will be expected to manage various advanced responsibilities such as software releases from start to finish and developing strategies to beat the competition. As a result, DevOps as a career path is both challenging and rewarding.
Must have skills to launch a rewarding career in DevOps
To build a successful career in DevOps, you must acquire a few DevOps skills and build competency in the domain. Here are the skills that you will need to become a DevOps professional,
- Proficiency in Python, Node.js, Git
- Linux fundamentals and scripting
- Knowledge of various DevOps tools and technologies such as Jenkins, Wireshark, SonarQube, Kubernetes and Terraform among others
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Infrastructure as code
- Key concepts of DevOps
- New processes such as multi-threading and micro processes
- Soft skills like communication and collaboration skills
To build the required DevOps skill set, you can enroll in certification programmes specially designed for those who are keen on kick starting their career in DevOps.
The Advanced Certificate Program in DevOps is designed and developed by Carnegie Mellon University’s School of Computer Science(CMU-SCS) Executive Education and delivered in collaboration with TalentSprint for DevOps aspirants in the APAC region.
- The programme helps you become proficient in DevOps
- It provides you with an opportunity to accelerate your career as a DevOps specialist
- You will get a globally recognized certification after the successful completion of the programme.
To know more about the programme, you can visit Advanced Certificate Program in DevOps programme page on TalentSprint’s website.
In India, the opportunities for DevOps Developers are currently at their peak. However, to capitalize on the opportunities, you must first develop the necessary DevOps expertise. So, think no more. Begin investing time in learning the necessary DevOps skills for a rewarding career in the field.