The year 2022 will be the year of Artificial Intelligence (AI), as it becomes an integral part of our daily lives! According to McKinsey Analytics, India is already the leader in AI adoption among emerging economies. With the increased adoption of AI, the demand for skilled AI professionals is also increasing making 2022 the perfect year to include AI skills on your list.
According to a Harvard Business Review research, Bengaluru is placed fifth among the top five cities in the world in artificial intelligence (HBR). Among other Indian cities, New Delhi is in 18th place, Hyderabad is in 19th, and Mumbai is in 27th place.
The technical education landscape in India is being transformed by introducing AI and its advanced subjects such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Data Science into the curriculum, in order to meet the demand for qualified workers. For the academic year 2021-22, the AICTE has already authorized around 13,500 seats in AI and ML.
Apart from the government, major EdTech platforms are offering programmes on AI and Emerging Technologies to help you build the right skills and expertise in the field.
Top 3 reasons why AI skills should be on the top of your learning list in 2022
For the past five years, AI has been causing a stir around the world. When it comes to the future of work, AI is at the center of the ongoing tech revolution. Here are the top 3 reasons why you should learn AI skills,
- The demand is sky-rocketing- There are so many job prospects in AI that the demand for qualified people is outpacing the supply. Every major corporation now has an AI division or vertical for which qualified AI professionals are required. Along with service-based firms such as TCS, Infosys, and Accenture, prominent companies such as Google, Facebook, Uber, Microsoft, and Tesla are ramping up their hiring. So, if you have the right skills, then your employment is guaranteed.
- Job roles spread across industries- Artificial Intelligence is revolutionizing a variety of industries, including manufacturing, agriculture, healthcare, retail, banking, financial services, public utilities, and national defense and security. As a result, AI-related job roles can be found in a variety of industries. You will be able to choose your ideal industry to establish your career after learning the necessary skills.
- AI is not just a job but a bright career- Learning AI will not only help you get a job, but it will also help you build a stable and growing career. Your future will be safe if you have the necessary skills and competence, and you will earn more money and other benefits than your peers. As you advance in your career, your experience will make you a valued addition to your employer. And of course, you can’t deny job satisfaction.
Looking to build a career in AI? How should you decide which course is the best for you?
Now that you’re aware of the potential benefits of a job in AI, the next step is to develop the necessary skills by enrolling in AI-related courses. What should be the deciding element for you to choose a course when there are so many possibilities available both online and offline? How do you pick the best course for your skill needs?
But before that, let’s first look at the skills that you should be learning to build a lucrative career in AI,
- Programming languages- Python, R, Java, C++
- Math for AI
- Signal processing techniques
- Neural network architectures
- Critical thinking
- Emotional intelligence
- Decision making
Here’s what should you look for before enrolling in an AI course,
- First, you must ensure that the course is covering all the necessary skills mentioned above.
- It should build an in-depth understanding of the latest AI and Emerging Tech concepts along with their real-world applications.
- The programme should be delivered by subject matter experts (SMEs)
- You should also ensure that the course is providing you with the much-required hands-on practical training through assignments and projects.
- Last but not the least, to ensure that the course is effective, you must check that it is being offered by an authentic EdTech platform or institution.
Also read: Top tech trends to watch out for in 2022 with an insight into the future of work
After careful consideration, you can choose the course that is best for you and begin your journey toward a successful career in the field of Artificial Intelligence. AI skills are the skills of the century, and if you want to be a part of the future workforce, you can’t afford to ignore them.
Leave a Reply