The Instrumentation Automation Surveillance & Communication (IASC) Sector Skill Council is organising a National Workshop & Exhibition on ‘Skill Challenges & Opportunities in Implementation of Instrumentation, Automation & Surveillance in Oil & Gas and Fertilizer sector’ On the 15th of September 2017 at Vigyan Bhavan , Delhi. IASC SSC invites participation and paper submission for the workshop. Read on to know more about the requirements.
The workforce engaged at various levels of Oil, Gas & Fertilizers Sector need enhancement in knowledge and training in many of the essential technologies and attributes identified. Identification of key job roles is also an emergent need, along with skill gap analysis and plan for ensuring the availability of such skills – through reskilling, up skilling and appropriate training programs. The industry is going through a virtual paradigm shift driven to a great extent by a world-wide focus on reducing the carbon foot print. This scenario throws challenges to both the Fertilizer and the Oil & Gas Industry to address the environmental issues while achieving substantial enhancements in production.
The IASC Sector Skill Council is mandated to focus on the skill development for Instrumentation, Automation, Surveillance and Broadcast Communication segments which are directly linked to the technologies mentioned above. This workshop is proposed to be jointly organized by IASC-SSC & the Industries and the attempts to bring together key stakeholders involved and to deliberate on the issues relating to identification of emerging job roles and the skilling needs of the sector.
Submission of papers for the workshop
Position papers, Case studies, Statistics, Technical papers relating to appropriate technologies, processes, systems and software, skilling and training programs and other relevant content are invited from all stakeholders and experts on the topics suggested below. In addition to the above an exhibition will also be organized, where the exhibitors can showcase their products.
Topics for paper submission
- Real-time Data Acquisition, Monitoring & Control
- Automation and SCADA
- Communication Technology for future, IoT
- Skill Needs and Likely Skill Gaps in Oil & Gas and Fertilizer Industry
- Impact of Industry 4.0 on Oil & Gas and Fertilizer Industry
- Challenges in creating employable skilled manpower
- Experiences and Case studies in Energy Management
- Experiences and Case studies in Operational Efficiency through Automation
- Automation in process plant, dispatch & distribution system
- Emission control & Environment management- online measurement technique
- Application of Robotics in Oil & Gas, Fertilizer and Chemical Industry
- Utility of Calibration Systems and Processes
- Additive manufacturing (3D Printing)
- Emerging trends in Leak detection and Fire & Gas Detection system- Regulatory requirements
- Use of Technology for sourcing right Skill for specific job role
- Role of Industries in developing Skill resources
- Security and Surveillance system- used in Hazardous Environment Atmosphere
- Other relevant topics….
All stakeholders, including Government agencies, PSUs dealing with Oil, Gas & Fertilizers, End User Industries, OEMs, System Integrators and Contractors, MSMEs, Academicians, Researchers, Educators and Training Solution Providers.
How to participate
Register online at: http://iascsectorskillcouncil.in/event-participation.php
Papers and other related content may be mailed to: email@example.com
All papers are to be accompanied by:
- a) A brief profile of author along with photograph.
- b) A consent note allowing IASC-Sector Skill Council to publish the paper in the Journal/Souvenir of the said workshop.
- Paper submission – up to 5th Sept, 2017
- Communication of acceptance – 7th Sept, 2017
- Registration as Delegates – 10th Sep, 2017
- Mr. S K Bardhan Head CSR +91 7838000016
• Ms Ruchi Jain, Coordinator, IASC-SSC +91 9560377557 firstname.lastname@example.org