“I am confused about my career. I do not know where my interest lies”, said Saritha anxiously, when casually posed with the question, “what next after your studies?”.
This is a common state of confusion among the aspirants in today’s extremely competitive world. While most of them want to pursue careers they are passionate about, realising one’s interest and navigating the path is the challenge.
Learn about Tata STRIVE courses and its initiatives in skill development – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/tata-strive/
This is where career counselling holds huge significance in an aspirant’s life. It can turn around the scenario for them and aid them in building successful careers through professional guidance.
To address this issue of career counselling and fill the gaps with the right information and efficient tools, Tata STRIVE indigenously developed a self-assisted career counselling solution called Karya Path.
Karya Path – Tata STRIVE’s self-assisted career counselling solution
Karya Path is a self-assisted, career counselling app that helps aspirants make informed career choices. “So far, we have had 1,50,000+ student interactions in the last 5 and half years using this career counselling solution”, said Mr. Raghu Reddy, Principal Lead – Technology.
Distinguishing features of Karya Path
- Easy and anytime access to career guidance – Since the app is self-assisted, any aspirant can register on their own either on mobile or through a computer to get access to the career guidance. With a 5-step process, aspirants will be able to discover their interests and make informed decisions about their careers.
- Language-agnostic career assessment tool – To minimise chances of misinterpretation of the statements, Karya Path uses pictures to assess the aspirant’s interest. The app uses picture-based career assessment to help youth feel safe to respond.
“Many youth feel threatened to share information through pen and paper assessment. Therefore, we developed picture-based assessments, to get more honest responses from the aspirants”, said Ms. Bijitha Joyce, Principal Lead – Ecosystem Strengthening, Talent Development and Alumni Experience at Tata STRIVE.
Key highlights of the app
- Instant view of the career report – After the picture-based assessment, the app generates a career report instantly. To help aspirants interpret the report, there are interpretation videos, that further explain the report, job roles and career options. However, no aspirant is forced to choose only that career that is suggested by the app.
- Recommendation of job roles – The career counselling app recommends job roles based on the interests of the candidate. This helps the aspirants pursue a course of their interest and have job satisfaction and growth in their careers post-placement.
- Career counsellor available on request – Though the app is self-assisted, there is also an option of requesting a human counsellor to help the aspirants in interpreting the report. This human interaction clears aspirants’ doubts and fills gaps if any, along with supporting them in choosing their most suitable career.
Access the self-assisted career counselling solution Karya Path using this link – https://karyapath.tatastrive.com/
If you wish to get in touch with Tata STRIVE, you may contact them by visiting https://tatastrive.com/Contact.aspx or by writing to them at STRIVE@tatasustainability.com
Technology-enabled career counselling
Karya Path is a good example of seamless technology integration. “Technology has always helped us in sailing through the process efficiently and in maintaining standards. This gives us enough confidence to help youth make positive career choices”, mentioned Ms. Bijitha Joyce.
Though Karya Path is a self-assisted app, there is an on-demand counsellor option available enabling human intervention if required.
The solution also has an inbuilt chatbot feature that validates the responses given by the aspirants.
Karya Path, with a seamless blend of technology into the existing system, is one of its kind tool, where the entire process is automated and is student-friendly.
Career counselling is the process of guiding aspirants on the path to self-discovery and self-realisation. This requires efforts from all the stakeholders in working with aspirants patiently, supporting them and motivating them to discover their interests. Career counselling should not be seen as a one-time task but a long-term process that helps everyone realise their dream careers, live a life filled with purpose and enjoy what they do.
Leave a Reply