In any skill development program, trainees can only be as good as their trainers. In order to increase the effectiveness of skill training programs, it is essential that those entrusted with imparting these skills be trained to do it in a way that is easily grasped by the trainees.
With a vision to develop high-calibre dedicated trainers who will work in the skilling ecosystem and develop a skilled workforce to lead the way to make India the skill capital of the world, Larsen & Toubro (L&T) recently launched L&T Skill Trainers Academy. L&T set up Skill Trainers Academy near the seaside suburb of Versova in Mumbai. The formal launch of the L&T Skill Trainers Academy is set to take place on 13th March 2021.
“I believe we should focus on developing calibre in trainers who will have a positive impact on the quality of the learners’ output. L&T Skill Trainers Academy is a step in that direction, to enhance the skills of trainers thereby increasing the effectiveness of training”, expresses Mr. A. M. Naik, Group Chairman, L&T and Chairman, NSDC.
The course curriculum
The curriculum is curated with technical expertise from Singapore Polytechnic International, under the MoU signed between NSDC and Singapore Polytechnic International to develop a top-class, pedagogy-based training program, for trainers and assessors in the skilling ecosystem. The program is spread over 10-day classroom sessions, followed by on-the-job training (OJT) covering six assignments on planning, delivery and assessment.
On successful completion of the 10-day training, participants will be awarded a certificate from the respective Sector Skill Councils, which will be valid for two years. If the participant successfully completes the OJT, he/she will be awarded an advanced certificate with lifelong validity.
Highlights of the program
- All programs are conducted by Sector Skill Council Master Trainers with rich industry experience
- The curriculum focuses on best practices in “How to teach”, with emphasis on lesson planning, adult learning, teach-back sessions, etc.
- Training is conducted in well-equipped classrooms which are designed for interactive and experiential learning in state-of-art laboratories and workshops with equipment for domain testing and training
- The program also focuses on life skills and soft skills for the holistic development of trainers
- To make training holistic, the program also has activities like yoga, team-building and sports
- It is a residential program with well-designed hostels with amenities
Also read: L&T transforms the lives of youth through Construction Skills Training Institutes (CSTIs) across India – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/transforms-lives-of-youth-through-construction-skills-training-institutes-cstis/
Hello, I am Ashutosh Sharma based out of Guwahati. I have been a hospitality trainer for 15+ years. I have recently finished my Master Trainer/ Lead Assessor program now awaiting results. I wish to contribute to Trainer Development looking for a suitable opportunity. I am open to relocation or any other possibility. My contact number is 6000142279. I shall be delighted to hear from you.
I am Manju Bisht, a passionate soft skills trainer since past 14yrs. I would like to know if I can also attend the TOT or If I could get a job for training profile. Please let me know. My contact number is 9818954425.
Please email me the details about the TOT.
I am ready to relocate.
this company so helpfull and doing a nice job