Certif-ID’s mission is to be ‘the’ dedicated skills community. We aim to bring trust and transparency in the education and professional sectors. And, we’re doing this by utilising blockchain technology known to be secure.
Certif-ID is a blockchain-powered global networking platform connecting educational institutions, professionals and recruiters.
Why is there a need for such a platform?
Well, because of the existing state of the educational and professional landscapes, including:
- Students graduating without the right skills, facing the risk of unemployment.
- The diminishing standards of monitoring and administrative accountability in educational institutions.
- Generic degrees and certifications that don’t bear testimony to niche skillsets.
- Shortage of skilled workers leading to a rise in mismatched hiring.
Supporting the above statements, here are some stats from the industry:
- The recent warning by UNICEF: By 2030, half of South Asian youth will not be able to find a decent job for the lack of skills.
- Unemployment at record-high in the UK, soaring up to 1.3 million.
- A study by Deloitte stating that the skills gap in manufacturing may leave 2.4 million positions unfilled between 2018 and 2028.
These are just a few numbers highlighting the current and future state. If you do a Google search, you’ll see many more results on similar lines.
So, our platform built on blockchain is bringing new opportunities to all stakeholders. Here are a few:
- Levelling the playing field
The platform connects educational institutes to students, and in-turn connects students to recruiters. On the platform:
- Educational Institutions can issue blockchain-anchored digital certificates to candidates
- Graduates with digital certificates can prove their skills and land a job
- Recruiters can search for experts based on competency or skills, and
- Verify the digital credentials with a single click from anywhere
Certif-ID provides greater visibility to all participants. This leads to a greater talent pool, flourishing training institutes and satisfied recruiters.
- Support informed decision-making
Certif-ID lists reputed educational institutions. Some of which have undergone a quality assessment by verified third-party auditors. So, candidates who’re unsure about a course or an institute can check the reviews and make an informed decision.
This way, irrespective of whether a student is staying in a metro or a small town, they can enrol in institutes offering quality education. It avoids pitfalls of having to choose courses or institutes based on proximity or word of mouth reputation.
- Digital proof of skill
In a skill-based organisation, employees with diverse skill sets are an asset. But, how can candidates prove their skills in an interview? With digital certificates!
Digital certificates powered by blockchain technology enables easy verification. The certificate is tamper-proof and can only have one owner. Blockchain allows information to only be distributed and not copied.
So, when a candidate presents a digital certificate the recruiter can be certain that it is from the specified institution.
- Introducing transparency into the education sector
Blockchain delivers higher levels of transparency – from issuing certificates to verifying them.
When students complete a course with a certified institute they receive a digital certificate. It is directly issued and stored in a wallet inside an individual’s profile. So, there is no room for manipulation between the point of certificate issuance and it being visible to recruiters.
By promoting digital credentials we’re bridging the gap between education and job. We’re lifting educational standards and enabling equal job opportunities for skilled workers globally.
In essence, as a dedicated skills community, we’re:
- Encouraging educational and training institutes to up their game
- Empowering students and professionals to learn new skills
- Equipping graduates with tamper-proof digital certificates
- Enabling recruiters to hire talent effortlessly
Interested in the way we’re digitally transforming the education sector?
Author: Mike D Wild | Director, Certif-ID | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org