With the announcement of Budget 2021-22, the skilling ecosystem is all set to achieve new milestones in the coming year. Apart from the highlights from the Union Budget 2021-22, our skill development newsbytes of the week also covers various other happenings and updates in the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The news and latest happenings could help you generate leads for developing your business in this sector.
Skill development and VET government and non-government projects, apprenticeships and jobs
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Top headlines of the week
Some of the highlights of Budget 2021-22 on education, skill development and gig economy: From the union budget 2021 it is evident that job creation is going to get a boost among various industry sectors, namely, Shipping, Automobiles, Healthcare, Electronics, Textile, among others. With this backdrop, team NSN presents some of the highlights of Budget 2021-22 on education, skill development, entrepreneurship, gig economy and startups. Read more…
- The five-day 41st India Carpet Expo – Virtual Edition was inaugurated by the Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), Ministry of Textiles.
- Vocational courses to be rolled out for skill development of school students
- FICCI, TISS and Azim Premji University release new policy proposal for employment generationThe technical textiles industry a huge opportunity to partner with the government as well as the agrarian community and leverage their capabilities.
- Ericsson India Global Services Pvt. Ltd. has partnered Smile Foundation to support government initiatives towards tackling healthcare challenges across 5 states.
- The Government of India has signed a $500 million project with the World Bank to improve the quality and governance of school education in six Indian states.
- 1 million new, sustainable jobs will be created for Indian youth as India efforts to become a leading global producer of seaweed.
Vocational courses to be rolled out for skill development of school students: As a part of PMKVY 3.0, vocational courses will be introduced phase-wise in schools for classes 9 to 12 to expose students to skill development avenues.
FICCI, TISS and Azim Premji University release new policy proposal for employment generation: FICCI in collaboration with TISS and Azim Premji University has released a new policy proposal Udyog Sahayak Enterprises Network (USENET) for employment generation and to help micro and small enterprises clear roadblocks and scale up their operations. Read more…
Skill development news from the states
Top headlines of the week
- Goa- 1500 jobs are expected to be available once the Mopa airport becomes operational in Goa.
- Gujarat- For the development of the service sector, the government of Gujarat is going to allot a 13-acre prime plot of land to the private sector for setting up a national university.
- Kerala- NSDC direct training partner SMEClabs has launched an intensive skill development program “SkillUp” to enhance the skills of learners in the industrial, marine, technical and fintech companies.
- Maharastra- The two-year training in ITIs has been made equivalent to class XII in Maharashtra if the candidates clears the examination in two language subjects.
- Maharashtra- Training programs in various fields will be conducted through various skill development schemes sponsored by the Center and State Government in Pune district.
- Odisha- IG Drones has signed MoUs with four ITIs in Odisha with an aim to train students in all aspects of drones through the establishment of the Drone Centre of Excellence at the ITIs.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/newsbytes-on-skill-development-and-vocational-training-27012021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these news bytes from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.