Our weekly newsbytes will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development newsbytes could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Latest government and non-government jobs, apprenticeships and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Important modifications in the rules for projects under DDU-GKY
- DDU-GKY has chnaged the registered details of organizations in the PRN database of DDU-GKY website
- Modification in rules and regulations of the Emplanelment of Government Agencies for undertaking DDU-GKY projects.
- For all projects under DDU-GKY, 3% Performance Guarantee will be imposed instead of 6.25%.
- To know more please visit- http://ddugky.gov.in/notifications
Top headlines of the week
- The ministry of MSME is going to establish a world-class technology centre in Puducherry to promote the faster growth of MSMEs.
- NSDC has collaborated with 21,000 CBSE-affiliated schools across the country for the first edition of the Junior Skills Championship 2021. The last date for the registration in the skill championship is 31st May 2021.
- A Skill Development Centre (SDC) for Fire Safety Training of DRDO was inaugurated with an aim to provide quality training to fire personnel.
- Tata STRIVE has collaborated with Wipro GE Healthcare to bridge the skill gap in the healthcare industry and to skill the youth for jobs in the healthcare sector over a period of three years. Read more…
- Toshiba Transmission and Distribution Systems (India) Pvt. Ltd (TTDI) has been certified by Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) as a Japan-India Institute for Manufacturing (JIM).
- NSDC has collaborated with SahiPay to promote digital enablement and financial inclusion and the partnership aims to facilitate the skilling of youth in digital financial services.
- ASDC has partnered with Magic Billion to explore possible future opportunities to impart genuine and specialized overseas opportunities to candidates in the automotive sector.
- Nasscom FutureSkills Prime, in partnership with Cisco and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), has launched a virtual internship program focusing on cybersecurity in India.
Skill development news from the states
Upcoming Conferences and Webinars
Invitation to National Conference on Transforming Vocational Education and Training for Excellence: Perspective and Challenges. Date and Time: 25-26 March 2021| 3:00 (IST)
To know more please visit- https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/upcoming-webinars/
- Andhra Pradesh- The government of AP will provide a high-speed internet facility to all the government polytechnic and ITI colleges with the support of AP State FiberNet Limited.
- Arunachal Pradesh- The Department of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship conducted an orientation programme for the first batch of students under PMKVY 3.0.
- Assam- Ministry of Tourism’s India TourismRegional Office (East) organized a three days workshop on Incredible India Mega Homestay Development and Training Workshop.
- Assam- Assam Skill Development Mission (ASDM) launched the “QG Daksha” mobile app for convergence of the requirement of service providers and service seekers.
- Assam- The Indian Institute of Drones has partnered with the Electronics Sector Skill Council of India to inaugurate a centre for drone pilot training and service in Guwahati.
- Haryana- Two industrial clusters from Haryana are selected under the World Bank funded project STRIVE which aims to broaden apprenticeship training of the ITI students.
- Jammu and Kashmir- Government Polytechnic College Jammu has collaborated with ICT Academy, Chennai to enhance the skills and employability of Polytechnic students to the latest technologies.
- Karnataka- Aequs, Foxconn of the toy world is going to set up India’s first toy cluster in Karnataka as India has the required skill sets as well as materials.
- Karnataka-Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has partnered with ATME College of Engineering [ATMECE], Mysuru with an aim to contribute to the Skill India mission.
- Telangana- A meeting on skill development and entrepreneurship programme was held to discuss skill development and entrepreneurship related issues where all the departments are advised to have synergy among themselves for the better implementation of the skill development programs.
- Uttar Pradesh– The government of Uttar Pradesh is going to train over 80,000 youths under the Chief Minister Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/newsbytes-on-skill-development-and-vocational-training-23022021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these news bytes from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.