India’s first World Skill Centre was inaugurated in Odisha. This is exciting news for not only Odisha but for the whole country. Along with this important news, this week’s newsbytes also have other crucial updates on government, non-government projects, jobs and updates from the skilling and TVET space. The snippets of information could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Latest government and non-government jobs, apprenticeships and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Top headlines of the week
- Nettur Technical Training Foundation (NTTF) has organized its 56th convocation on 3rd March 2021 to acknowledge the achievements of the students and trainers. Read more…
- As per a strategy report by ICICI, India’s digital economy is expected to get a further boost from the scaling up of the digitally skilled talent pool.
- Indian seafarers’ apex body NUSI has signed six pacts worth Rs 225 crore with shipping regulator DGS ahead of a 3-day virtual Maritime India Summit.
- Macmillan Education India has launched an interactive skill ‘Macmillan Altura’ on Amazon Alexa for learners of all age groups to learn English.
- Agriculture Skill Council of India has organized a 25-day long skill development training programme at SKUAST Faculty of Forestry.
Skill development news from the states
Top headlines of the week
- Bihar- The government of Bihar has announced a separate department for skill and entrepreneurship.
- Jammu and Kashmir- Jammu and Kashmir Trade Promotion Organisation (JKTPO) have collaborated with the Consulate General of India Toronto, Canada and Indo Canada Chamber of Commerce (ICCC) to promote the export of Handicrafts and Handloom products.
- Jammu and Kashmir- Bombay Stock Exchange Institute Ltd (BIL) has organized a six-day skill development training program for the wards of police martyrs, personnel and students in Srinagar.
- Jammu and Kashmir- Jammu University Academic Council has approved the Apprenticeship/Internship embedded Degree Program.
- Karnataka- Srinivas University, Mangaluru, has partnered with the Logistics Sector Skill Council (LSC) with an aim to enhance the knowledge, skills and attitude of the students.
- Maharastra- The Union Ministry of Tourism (MoT) has designed n online Incredible India Tourist Facilitator (IITF) certification programme which is adopted by The state directorate of tourism (DoT).
- Odisha- The Bar Council of India (BCI) has collaborated with KIIT, Bhubaneswar to set up India’s first law teacher training institute- the Indian Institute of Law (IIL).
- Odisha- India’s first World Skill Centre was inaugurated in Bhubaneswar by the Chief Minister of Odisha, Mr Naveen Patnaik on 5th March 2021. Read more…
- Punjab- A five-day training course on “Food preservation” was organised by the Department of Extension Education and the Skill Development Centre, Punjab Agricultural University (PAU).
- Punjab- An important meeting of various organisations was held to discuss the ongoing recruitment of 831 craftsman instructors in the Department of Technical Education and Industrial Training, Punjab.
- Tamil Nadu- Invigo Software Pvt. Ltd. (VIZRU) has collaborated with Tamil Nadu Apex Skill Development Center for Logistics (TNASDCL) to create Zero-Code and other technology skills training programs to upskill youth to generate more job prospects in the logistics industry.
- Tamil Nadu- In a bid to provide the latest technology to the students, the state has started a new scheme to upgrade all the Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) under Public-Private-Partnership mode by also tying up with industries.
- Uttar Pradesh- The government of UP is going to launch skill development centres in the HURL fertiliser factory in Gorakhpur to train youth for employment.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/newsbytes-on-skill-development-and-vocational-training-02032021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these news bytes from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.