Through our weekly newsbytes we ensure that you are aware about all the happenings around the skilling ecosystem. It covers various updates in the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development newsbytes could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Skill development and VET government and non-government projects, apprenticeships and jobs
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Top headlines of the week
- Vocational education should be the core in the implementation of NEP 2020
- PMKVY 3.0 to focus on strengthening District Skill Committees (DSC) for demand-driven skill training
- NETAP has partnered with Jain University and Lenskart for degree linked OJT.
- Fiinovation is going to assist the Skill Council For Green Jobs to assess the impact of the Suryamitra programme.
- First Centre of Excellence inaugurated for skill development in power sector
- Leading global professional services organisation EY will hire 9,000 professionals in India in 2021 who have skills across AI, ML, and other emerging technologies.
PMKVY 3.0 to focus on strengthening District Skill Committees (DSC) for demand-driven skill training: MSDE has launched PMKVY 3.0, in nearly 600 districts making 300+ skill courses available to the youth, making skill development more demand-driven and decentralised in its approach. Read more…
Skill development news from the states
Top headlines of the week
- Assam- NTPC Bongaigaon has conducted a one day vocational Training Program for Mushroom Cultivation with the active support from Bodoland University for women self help groups.
- Andhra Pradesh– IIM Visakhapatnam is going to launch Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) program under the aegis of MSDE to train fellows from 76 districts.
- Andhra Pradesh– APSCHE has partnered AICTE and NASSCOM to offer professional and certification courses in new-age technologies.
- Gujarat- ITIs has reopened in Gujarat with staggered batch timings with extra emphasis on social distancing guidelines.
- Jammu and Kashmir– Government ITI Udhampur organized a one day mega placement job fair for unemployed youth of the district at ITI College complex Udhampur.
- Kerala– More than two lakh students in Kerala have completed their vocational skill training through the Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP).
- Maharastra- The Maharashtra Cabinet approved the guidelines and model bill for setting up private skill universities in the state on permanent self-financed basis.
- Nagaland– Following ‘Vocal for Local’ mantra, a youth from Nagaland earns Rs 50,000 monthly
- Tamil Nadu- The district administration has collaborated with TNSDC and Crafts Council of India to launch a training program for expert weavers of ‘Pathamadai mats’.
- West Bengal– NITTR has celebrated its 57th foundation day.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/newsbytes-on-skill-development-and-vocational-training-12012021/