Do you wish to stay informed regarding various government projects? Are you looking for a job or an apprenticeship? Are you missing out on vaious happenings in the skilling ecosystem? Our weekly newsbytes is a one-stop solution for all your skill development and vocational education related queries.
Through our newsbytes we cover various happenings and updates in the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The news and latest happenings could help you generate leads for developing your business in this sector.
Latest government and non-government jobs, apprenticeships and projects in the skilling industry
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Top headlines of the week
- Applications for Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) are now open and the last date to apply is 27th March 2021. Read more…
- NSDC has announced the opening of online registrations for IndiaSkills Competition 2021 to promote international standards of vocational training in India. Read more…
- University Grants Commission (UGC) has prepared a list of institutions with approved skill-based courses under the National Skill Qualifications Framework (NSQF) from the academic session 2020-21. Read more…
- The Tirupur Exporters and Manufacturers’ Association (TEAMA) is going to train a workforce of 7,000 for the 36 factories before the Veda Textile Park at Ayyakaranpulam takes shape.
- The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) plans to established 140 skill centres in government medical colleges across India to impart skills on life-saving interventions.
- Simplilearn has collaborated with AICTE to skill students in technology education. Simplilearn will offer six programs in Data Science, DevOps Engineering, Business Analysis, Big Data Engineering, Big Data Hadoop and Spark Development and AWS Big Data Certification Training on the NEAT 2.0 platform.
- AI-based platform SAHI is going to help the industry meet the rising damnd for skilled gig workers. The platform is backed by LabourNet.
- As per the India Skills Report 2021, women in India are more employable than men in the country. Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh emerged as the top three states with the highest employability.
- Dr Darlie O Koshy’s new book titled ‘Runway to Skilled India’ was unveiled at the India Craft Week being held at Bikaner House, New Delhi.
Skill development news from the states
- IPSC (Indian Plumbing Skills Council) and FICCI jointly organizing “Plumb Skills Expo 2021”. Date and Time: February 24 – 27, 2021
- Invitation to National Conference on Transforming Vocational Education and Training for Excellence: Perspective and Challenges. Date and Time: 25-26 March 2021| 3:00 (IST)
- Invitation to Panel Discussion on Next Step: Exploring Barriers & Strategies to Employability Skills. Date and Time: 25 February, 2021| 3:00 (IST)
- To know more please visit- https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/upcoming-webinars/
Top headlines of the week
- Assam– Jappanlooking forward to assist the government of Assam in projects related to enhancing skills and infrastructure in the state.
- Assam– CFTRI Mysore in collaboration with APEDA conducted a skill development training programme on value addition on fruits, vegetables and spice processing.
- Assam– The foundation has been laid for the first skill university of eastern India aimed at imparting training to over 10,000 students in 12 disciplines.
- Assam– The government of Assam has laid the foundation stone for the Assam Skill University in Mangaldai. Rs. 1000 crore has been granted for the establishment of the skill centre.
- Bihar– The construction of ITIs which do not have their own buildings will be completed at the earliest in Bihar.
- Bihar- The government of Bihar has collaborated with Tata Technologies to upgrade 60 government-owned ITIs as centre of excellence by March next year at a cost of 2,188 crore.
- Goa– The government of India has approved the Goa Chief Minister’s Apprenticeship Training Scheme 2021.
- Goa– The government of Goa has reserved Rs 5 crore for the Chief Minister’s Apprenticeship Training Scheme 2021 which aims to provide employment to the youth.
- Jammu and Kashmir– To strengthen the vocational education ecosystem in Jammu and Kashmir, the government has inaugurated 607 vocational labs, a vocational education portal and a GIS portal.
- Maharastra– The government of Maharastra is going to set up a skill university to train the youth and provide skilled manpower to industries.
- West Bengal- Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (Independent Charge) Prahlad Singh Patel will inaugurate the three-day Incredible India Mega Homestay Development and Training Workshop in Darjeeling on February 22.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/newsbytes-on-skill-development-and-vocational-training-16022021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these news bytes from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.