Indian education system is based on input and now for the first time we have moved from input based education to outcome-based education. This is a paradigm shift in our education system. Bachelor of Vocation (B Voc) is a full- fledged Degree program approved by Universities Grants Commission (UGC) and recognized by Universities all over India and abroad. NMKRV College for Women, Bengaluru had launched the following 4 B.Voc courses to provide job-oriented education and industry-integrated training:
B.Voc in Audio Visual Production and Film Making
B.Voc in Web Design and Mobile Application Development
B.Voc in Banking , Accounts and Finance
B.Voc in Hospital Management
So, after a B Voc Degree with a particular skill set, one can apply for specific skill based Visa rather than general work permit for foreign immigration. Closer home, it also means that B Voc has all the privileges another Degree holder (BA, B Com, B Sc , B E or MBBS) enjoys, like going for Post Graduation, taking UPSC, Bank, Railways exam etc., where basic Degree is a requirement.
B.Voc courses aim at allowing an individual to acquire skills for a particular trade with great emphasis on practical learning. The courses deal with application-based studies rather than complete theoretical knowledge completely. Following work-integrated learning model, the courses include hands-on training, and hence B.Voc degree can be regarded as a skill development degree course.
Advantage of the B.Voc Programs
A person can take an exit in between the 3 years course by taking a Diploma or Advanced Diploma degree. It is industry and work integrated course. An individual’s knowledge and skill is valued at every level and she will be qualified for suitable jobs. The course consist of 60% vocational training or practical and 40% of general education i.e. theory. B.Voc. course is financially aided by the University Grant Commission (UGC). The course complies with the rules of National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF).
These days industries expect employees to posses all types of practical skills and knowledge so therefore B.Voc course caters to the needs of business and industries.
- The course helps an individual to focus on practical skills.
- It provides knowledge of the subjects.
- It provides an insight to the job requirements.
- Provides expertise in innovative field.
- Employability for suitable jobs
- Provides relevant work experience.
- The course focuses on specialized learning.
- Credit based system
|Diploma||2 Semesters||1 year|
|Advanced Diploma||4 Semesters||2 years|
|B.Voc. Degree||6 semesters||3 years|
Eligibility for admission in B.Voc:
- The eligibility condition for admission to B.Voc. programme shall be 10+2 or equivalent, in any stream.
- Student who leaves the course with Diploma award, can be readmitted in the II Year for Advanced Diploma in the same Course
- Students obtaining Diploma (NSQF Level 5) and Advance Diploma (NSQF Level 6) from Community Colleges are eligible for admission into 2nd and 3rd year of B.Voc. degree programme respectively.
Contact NMKRV College : http://nmkrvcollege.net/contactus.htm
Phone number: Tel: +91-80 – 2663 7042 email: firstname.lastname@example.org