NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
- In partnership with the Telecom Sector Skills Council (TSSC), the telecom department (DoT) would train 1 lakh individuals in 5G technology for skilled workforce.
- 5G will boost drone innovation in India in the future, from the military to traffic and weather. Faster data upload from the field to cloud-based drone mapping platforms is anticipated with the introduction of 5G.
- The UGC has published guidelines for institutions of higher education to hire “Professors of Practice” or distinguished experts from various fields. A minimum of 15 years of experience is required for experts.
Skill development news from the government
- To build a district skill development plan that maps local aspirations and creates opportunities for jobs and entrepreneurship, the Union Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar, visited Zunheboto in Nagaland on September 26, 2022.
- On September 27, 2022, MSDE&IT Minister Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar, who is currently in Nagaland on an official visit, declared that no part of Nagaland will be without internet service.
- To jointly offer skill training and employment opportunities in the e-commerce sector, the Department of Empowerment of People with Disabilities (DEPwD) has signed an MOU with Amazon India and the Skill Council for People with Disabilities.
- Virendra Kumar, Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, stated that the Centre is working to provide skill training to differently-abled people, or Divyangs, in order to make them ‘Atmanirbhar.’
- On September 30, 2022, in New Delhi, a new feature called the ‘Bharatskills Forum’ has been launched to the DGT’s (Directorate General of Training) Bharatskills learning platform Read More…
- The government of India is establishing a digital university to enhance education and skill development, according to Mr. Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and Education.
Skill development news from the industry
- FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry) organized the “13th Global Skills Summit – Education to Employability: Making it happen” on September 27, 2022, to strengthen connections between Read more…
- The Jeevan Tarang program of Hindustan Zinc organised a special program for Mookh Badhir Vidyalaya students in Ajmer, Bhilwara, and Udaipur on September 23 in honour of the International Day of Sign Language.
- The NASSCOM Foundation and American Express have partnered together to train and upskill 700 women graduates through the employment-linked training project “Women Empowerment Through Technology” in order to close the gender gap in digital skills.
- Through its Indian subsidiary, Tech Mark Training India, a Singapore-based company called Tech-Mark has started a program to assist youth in learning digital skills and bring digitalization to the doorstep of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) units.
- Garuda Aerospace, a drone manufacturer, has been granted approval by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation to teach one lakh youth how to utilize drones for agricultural purposes.
- An agreement was signed by IGNOU and NSDC to cooperate together on numerous projects to improve students’ employability and entrepreneurial skills.
- The Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade) unveiled significant partnerships and initiatives in Bengaluru as part of the AIBX 2022 Business Mission, including the Australia-India Cybersecurity Hackathon Challenge and future skills initiatives.
- The Indian Institute of Management Bodh Gaya and the Water Resource Department, Bihar, signed an MOU to conduct a series of management and skill development programmes for the Water Resources Department officials.
- From September 27 to October 1, 2022, NIESBUD’s Noida Campus hosted a 5-day capacity-building program on entrepreneurship development for officers of the Directorate of Industries, Government of Uttarakhand.
- IoTechWorld Avigation intends to sell Over 1,000 Kisan Drones This Fiscal Year, it aims for multi-fold growth in both value and volume aspects.
- Over 100 auto and motorcycle mechanics who got certification from ASDC attended Castrol India’s first EV-readiness training program, which took place from September 13–16 in New Delhi.
Skill development news from ITI’s
- At the Industrial Training Institute (ITI), Himachal Pradesh, the District Skill Committee (DSC) organized a skill orientation workshop as part of the Skill Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP).
- On the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti, students at the Industrial Training Institute (ITI) in Berhampur, Odisha, built a six-foot-tall sculpture of the Father of the Nation out of automotive scraps.
Skill development news from academia
- IIT Roorkee’s Anushruti Academy for the Deaf (AAD), a social initiative, organizes the Internal Conference on Teaching and Rehabilitation Strategies for the Deaf (TRSD 2022) in the Biotech Auditorium.
- The North East Regional Youth Commission (NERYC) held a two-day workshop on career guidance, capacity building, and entrepreneurial development at Inspiration Building, Kharguli, Guwahati on September 22 and 23.
- To benefit students and society at large, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and the Media and Entertainment Skills Council (MESC) have signed an agreement.
- The Deakin University and TCS collaboratively conducted the International Conclave on “Digital Transformation and Internationalization of Higher Education” in Delhi on September 27, 2022, and Union Education Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan participated in the event.
- Government Polytechnic Colleges students will begin using the advanced equipment installed in the labs at BITS-Pilani Hyderabad campus remotely in December to hone their skills.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for research-related activities, academic workshops, and scientific conferences was signed by the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Hamirpur, and the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mandi.
- Dharti Vikas Mandal in Ahmedabad provides vocational training to women with the purpose of assisting needy sisters financially by training them in accordance with their skills.
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) has asked all higher education institutions (HEIs) and their affiliated colleges to establish and implement new admissions policies for international students.
- The 22nd Convocation of the University of Hyderabad, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan delivered a speech, urged students to contribute back to society and explore seeking solutions to global challenges.
- The University Grants Commission (UGC) has asked that all universities make the necessary structural changes to enable students to pursue two academic degrees concurrently.
- Atchutapuram Prasanthi Polytechnic College will organize a 12-day skill development training program run by the Alluri Sitarama Raju district police in collaboration with Tata Technologies.
- On October 2, 2022, the Ministry of Education’s Department of Higher Education launched YUVA 2.0, the Prime Minister’s Scheme for Mentoring Young Authors, to teach aspiring writers and advance the country’s reading, writing, and book culture.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Assam: On September 28, 2022, Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma inaugurated an integrated skill development centre in the Dima Hasao district.
- Andhra Pradesh: Two skill hubs, one at Government ITI in Vijayawada and the other in Dhone in the Nandyala district, were inaugurated on 29th September in order to establish skill hubs in each of Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy’s Assembly constituencies.
- Gujrat: During employment appointment letter distribution programs held in 33 districts and seven municipalities in the state, the Gujarat government provided appointment letters and apprenticeship contract letters to 1.49 lakh youths.
- Maharashtra: On September 27, the Maharashtra State Skill Development Society (MSSDS) and the Gem and Jewellery Skill Council of India (GJSCI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to implement a variety of skill development programs.
- Nagaland: The Community Educational Centre Society (CECS) is hosting a 15-day Micro Enterprise Development Program (MEDP) on food processing at the Aitlenden Community Hall Tuli in Mokokchung.
- Telangana: Telangana has won another extensive collection of awards, this time in the tourism industry, following a virtually flawless sweep of the Swachh Survekshan and Swacch Bharat Grameen awards.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.