NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Skill development news from the government
- The Ministry of Heavy Industries (MHI) and MSDE has signed an MoU aiming to create a collaborative ecosystem for imparting skill development training in the capital goods sector. Read more…
- With an aim to provide digital skill training to 10 lakh tribal youth and women in the country, Meta has extended its collaboration with the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- MSDE has made the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) part of the direct beneficiary transfer (DBT) scheme which in turn provides direct government benefits to all apprentices.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the industry
- To impart training to around 640 youth in the current financial year, Bridgestone India has signed an MoU with Automotive Skills Development Council (ASDC) to extend their flagship CSR initiative Sarthi.
- Toyota India has announced two major initiatives including the groundbreaking ceremony of phase- II of the Toyota Technical Training Institute (TTTI) to strengthen the contribution to the country’s vision of achieving self-reliance through Make in India and Skill India.
- The six months ‘Machine Operator and Plastic Processing’ residential skill development training which was sponsored by Western Coalfields Limited, was successfully completed.
- Digital communication and media technologies are reshaping the media and entertainment industry with new opportunities emerging in the AVGC sector.
- Tata Motors is working towards training the existing workforce of mechanical engineers to acquire electronic and electrical skillsets.
Skill development news from the academia
- A meeting regarding the implementation of the National Higher Education Qualification Framework (NHEQF) and the Draft National Credit Framework was held by UGC.
- With an aim to work together on life skills development, and career guidance, as well as enabling access and engagement of students in volunteering opportunities, CBSE partnered with UNICEF and YuWaah.
- The first advanced CNC training centre of excellence was installed by the skilled faculty of engineering and technology of Shri Vishwakarma Skill University at the Dudhola campus.
Skill development news from the states
- Assam – To impart advanced industry skills to students and build a support system for industrial growth, the Assam government has decided to upgrade its 34 state polytechnics and 43 ITIs into CoEs.
- Haryana – During the meeting of the state cabinet, the Haryana government approved the State Electric Vehicle (EV) Policy 2022 offering financial incentives to EV manufacturers.
- Himachal Pradesh – To open employment avenues, skill development centres will be started at 50 identified locations in 10 districts of Himachal Pradesh.
- Jammu and Kashmir – With an approach to developing Sozni craft from production to the marketing stage, Jammu and Kashmir inaugurated the Sukhnag Sozni Embroidery Sfurti Cluster Rudbugh Magam Budgam at Magam.
- Jharkhand – The West Singhbhum District Administration has collaborated with Tata Steel Foundation (TSF) to build a first-ever multi-skill centre in the district.
- Karnataka –
- The redesigned web portal ‘Skill Connect’ of the Skill Development Department will be launched by the Karnataka government on 15 July.
- Flipkart signed an MoU with the Karnataka Skill Development Corporation (KSDC) targeting to launching Supply Chain Operations Academy (SCOA) throughout the State.
- Maharashtra- With an approach toward increasing participation of women candidates in various trades, the management of the government ITI in Nashik is raising awareness among them regarding the job opportunities in the changing environment.
- Manipur –
- A 45-day vocational training course on soft toy making for the children of Nabalini Asthma and Nirvana Foundation commenced at Ghari Awang Leikai.
- With an aim to develop entrepreneurship and skill development IIM Shillong has signed an MoU with Manipur University.
- Nagaland – A week-long demand-driven skill development programme for the youth of Nagaland in Construction Sector 2022-23 has concluded on June 25.
- Punjab – To enable quality and affordable education in the government schools, the chief minister of Punjab announced the introduction of multipronged improvements in the sector.
- Tamil Nadu –
- Over 4,500 vacancies have been generated for apprenticeship opportunities in the rubber and plastic sector in Tamil Nadu starting from this financial year.
- During the launch of the higher education and career guidance programme, ‘Kalloori Kanavu’ under the ‘Naan Mudhalvan’ Scheme in Dindigul, over 3,500 students who have passed Plus Two have participated.
- Telangana – Aiming to develop world-class innovation and entrepreneurial talent from India, the Union Minister for Education and Skill Development Dharmendra Pradhan visited IIT Hyderabad to lay the foundation stone for BVR Mohan Reddy School of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (BVRSCIENT).
Have you missed the previous edition of NSN weekly round-up? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-28062022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.