NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Highlights of the week
The National Institute of Wind Energy (NIWE) is providing an online invitation to institutions in becoming training partners to deliver training under the Vayumitra Skill Development Program (VSDP). The application deadline is August 24th, 2022. Link for application form: https://niwe.res.in/assets/Docu/EOI_for_TP_VSDP.pdf
Skill development news from the government
- To commemorate the two years of NEP 2020, the centre announces a number of educational initiatives. Among them is the introduction of 75 “Bharatiya games” in schools and a national policy for promoting innovation and entrepreneurship.
- The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and the Ministry of Ports, Shipping, and Waterways (MoPSW) have signed an MoU to work together on a skill development initiative and utilise the sector’s intrinsic skills.
- With the aid of more than 25,000 skill centres and institutes, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has carried out several awareness campaigns, workshops, and online seminars to promote the government’s various skill development initiatives.
Join us for a YouTube live on 12th August 2022 from 9:30 AM.
Central Bharat Sevak Samaj – National Conference and 70th Anniversary Celebrations
Join us here: https://youtu.be/wZ4jywyQwXs
Skill development news from the ITIs
- M K Stalin, the chief minister of Tamil Nadu, launched new Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) buildings and an integrated employment office complex in Chennai.
- A short-term course on drone operations and maintenance will be offered at the Industrial Training Institute (ITI) in Satpur.
- The two new state-run Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs) will be located at Kuchinda in Sambalpur and Patnagarh in Bolangir, and will benefit the youth of these tribal areas.
Skill development news from the industry
- Mahindra & Mahindra (Swaraj Division) and the Punjab Skill Development Mission signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to provide students with skill training.
- To encourage the movement of skilled workers in search of employment, India and Japan held the third Joint Working Group (JWG) meeting on Specified Skill Worker (SSW) in New Delhi.
- Through training in professional management skills, NSDC and the Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) aim to stimulate start-up growth in rural India’s underprivileged communities. Read more…
- A project to recognise the prior skills of 75,000 people between the ages of 18 and 45 has been started by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
- Leading manufacturer of steel and related goods Vardhman Special Steels has given Rs. 7.20 lakh to open two skill development centres under its CSR campaign in Ludhiana.
- Over 700 members of underprivileged communities are being empowered by the NASSCOM Foundation with digital literacy and various skills to help with employment opportunities.
Skill development news from the academia
- The 589 new secondary and higher secondary vocational schools that would provide students with 13 new vocational skills have been unveiled by the Gujarat education department.
- The three courses in steel technology, renewable energy, and steel technology were introduced by Minister of State for Skill Development and Employment Brijesh Merja at the AM/NS Hazira.
- The NEP Policy 2020 makes a number of action points and actions that can be implemented in higher education, including technical education, as well as in higher education.
Skill development news from the states
- Andhra Pradesh: As many as 606 schools in Andhra Pradesh have been approved under the component of vocational school education under Samagra Shiksha, according to Union Minister of State for Education Annapurna Devi.
- Assam: The Assam government inked four MOUs with Walmart, Flipkart, and HCL in Guwahati to aid the state’s youth and develop skills.
- Gujarat: Gujarat will soon launch the village engineers programme, which will teach tribal youth in a variety of skills so they may take part in the economic activities in their local districts.
- Himachal Pradesh: To offer vocational training to rural adolescents as part of its CSR initiative, the Yog Manav Vikas Trust and the NHPC’s Regional Office in Banikhet signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU).
- Jammu and Kashmir: 180 young people will be trained as retail associates with employment opportunities over the course of a year by the IIFL Foundation in collaboration with the Indian Army and a private organisation REACHA.
- Karnataka: To improve skill development, outcome-based training, placement, and R&D-related services, Bhoruka Extrusions Pvt Ltd and JSS Science and Technology University (JSS STU), Mysuru, signed a memorandum of understanding.
- New Delhi: Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited, a trailblazing energy provider serving more than 7 million people in North Delhi, created its first-ever handloom unit in DESU Colony, Shalimar Bagh, in celebration of National Handloom Day.
- Punjab: Under the Department of Employment Generation, Skill Development and Training (DEGSDT), the Punjab Skill Development Mission (PSDM) has started “Mission Sunheri Shuruat” in 22 districts to teach youth soft skills.
- Rajasthan: A new “Hindustan Zinc Mining Academy” has been established in Zawar by Hindustan Zinc, the only integrated zinc-lead-silver producer in India and the world, to assist in training in-house personnel sourced from business partners in mining operations.
- Tamil Nadu: At Ramaranai tribal community near Thalavadi in Erode District, the District Rural Development Agency (DRDA) has begun work on a skill development centre as part of the “Namkku Namay” Scheme.
- West Bengal: To improve the skills of tribal students, the West Bengal State Tribal Welfare Board has decided to launch an online training course on skill development.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply