NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Skill development news from the government
- The implementation of the NEP 2020 was reviewed by PM Narendra Modi. Along with reviewing the implementation in the last two years, he also suggested a few initiatives for school education, higher education and other academic areas.
- With the goal of increasing the strength of apprenticeships, the Union skill development ministry organised a workshop to create awareness on hiring new apprentices.
- A move to enhance the employability of youth is being taken by the government by widening the scope of Skill India’s mission and enabling the multi-skilling of youths.
Top headlines from the ITIs
- 43 government ITIs and 34 polytechnic institutes will be upgraded as CoEs in Assam in association with Tata Technologies Limited (TTL). Through the upgradation, the government aims to upskill all the skilled workers of Assam in various industries.
- With an aim to train up to 10,000 students, the government of Delhi is going to redevelop the ITI Shahdara with state-of-the-art facilities.
- A centralised online admission procedure was launched for 595 ITIs across Gujarat to help students save time and money. This will be enabled from the academic session in August 2022.
Skill development news from the academia
- To launch affordable higher education programmes for low-income groups, TeamLease EdTech has announced its partnership with Workers Union Support (WUS).
- In an aspect to address local skill shortages, Coursera has partnered with leading Indian institutes to offer new job-relevant online degrees and credentials.
- With a goal to boost small businesses and student entrepreneurs, DSEU is planning to set up Business Blasters Incubation Centre.
- With the multi-disciplinary approach of NEP 2020, students of vocational courses get more freedom of choice for skill development as NEP 2020 also gives weightage to all types of skills.
- For skill enhancement of educated youths, 5 centers of the National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology (NIELIT) has been launched across the northeastern regions.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the states
- Andhra Pradesh – To create a skill ecosystem through skill hubs, and skill colleges in Andhra Pradesh, the government is going to create synergy for a strong skill ecosystem through the establishment of skill hubs across the state.
- Arunachal Pradesh – To expose students to digitalisation and new-age skills, the government of Arunachal Pradesh will introduce the ‘STEM for Girls’ programme. Students between 8th and 10th grade will have exposure to digital fluency, coding skills training, and 21st-century skills including life and career skills.
- Karnataka – Under its new project ‘Roshni’, Tata Power Renewable Energy has established a Vocational Skill Development Centre at Thirumani with an aim to train unemployed youth in the state.
- Madhya Pradesh – To provide skilled youth with global recognition, Bhopal is coming up with a global skill park built under the lines of Singapore.
- Madhya Pradesh – A technical support will be given by Denmark, Japan, Sweden and Germany to enhance skill and training manpower in using advanced machines at skill development academy at Pithampur.
- Odisha – The winners of the India Skills Competition 2021 were felicitated by the chief minister of Odisha. Starting this edition, the gold medal winners will get Rs 1 crore, silver medalists will receive Rs 50 lakh and bronze medallists will get Rs 25 lakh.
- Odisha – DTET Odisha has signed an MoU with FESTO India Private Limited to set up a Centre of Excellence (CoE) in advanced mechatronics at the Government Polytechnic in Mayurbhanj district.
- Rajasthan – India International School (IIS) has partnered with ISDC to provide value-added courses to its Jaipur campus students and impart global skills to them.
- Uttar Pradesh – The UP government is going to partner with private tech companies like HCL, Tata Technologies, Tech Mahindra, IBM to improve the education system and make youth employable.
- West Bengal – With an aim to provide relevant industry training and to create a pool of skilled supply chain operations workforce in West Bengal, Flipkart has signed an MoU with Paschim Banga Society of Skill Development (PBSSD).
Have you missed the previous edition of NSN weekly round-up? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-03052022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.