NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
NTTF and Schneider Electric has signed an MoU to impart skilling in electrical domain. NTTF has became authorised Knowledge and training partner of Schneider Electric to establish and manage COE and training centers in India and South East Asia.
Schneider and NTTF will also work on joint certification including syllabus and qualifications.
Skill development news from the government
- The Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela (PMNAM) was organized on December 12th, 2022, in 197 locations across 25 states. Read more…
- The 12th meeting of the Indo-German joint working group was organized on December 7, 2022, in New Delhi to boost Vocational Education and Training (VET). Read more…
- The Craftsmen Training Scheme (CTS) is being implemented in ITIs across the country by the Directorate General of Training under MSDE.
- MSDE provides skill training to youths across the country through various programs such as
PMKVY, JSS, NAPS, and CTS through ITIs, as part of the Skill India Mission.
- The government has approved the formation of an advisory group to monitor developments
in the bamboo sector.
- India placed 11th in the WorldSkills Competition 2022 (WSC 2022), moving up from 13th in 2019, gaining 2 silver medals, 3 bronze medals, and 13 medals of excellence. Read more…
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) organized its 10th Global Summit on Skill Development and Livelihood. The theme for this year was “Forging Agile and Flexible Workforces: Bolstering Global Mobility of Skilled Talent.”
Skill development news from the industry
- Hero Motocorp Partners with Paralympic Committee of India to provide training and coaching facilities for para-athletes.
- Cliniminds was named BEST PHARMA SKILLING INSTITUTE IN INDIA by the PHD Chamber of Commerce at the 4th Asia Pacific Education and Technology Awards and Summit, APETA – 2022, GOA.
- A skill development program for rural youth to receive training in infrastructure maintenance has been organized by Centre for Youth Development Activities (CYDA) in collaboration with UNICEF.
Skill development news from ITIs
- Huntsman’s CSR initiative, Huntsman Textile Effects, provided Rs.10,000 scholarship to ten students of ITI in Padra, Baroda, to empower the youth.
- The Ganjam administration has sought the assistance of ITI Berhampur to repair and maintain the district’s e-vehicles used for waste collection.
- The teachers, staff, and students of the ITIs in Mumbai took part in the cleanliness drive at various locations as part of the “Majhi Mumbai, Swachh Mumbai” campaign, which aimed to make the city clean and healthy.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from academia
- APSCHE signed an MOU with the US-based Saylor Academy to provide free access to more than 30 online courses to students at the state’s higher education institutions.
- The school education department has requested Class 12 government school students to tentatively select three courses that they would like to pursue on Naan Mudhalvan portal.
- According to the National Education Policy, 2020, all UG degree programs in Maharashtra will have a four-year tenure starting in June 2023.
- The start of a dual degree program at Lucknow University is scheduled to begin in the 2023–2024 academic year.
- According to new UGC guidelines, students will only be eligible for an undergraduate honors degree after completing a four-year course.
- The new draft framework for undergraduate programs for the session of 2023 to 2024 is anticipated to be introduced by the University Grants Commission (UGC) on December 12, 2022.
- A 160-hour training program in machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) was successfully completed by 40 students from Kashmir University’s Institute of Technology (IOT), Zakura Campus (AI).
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Jammu and Kashmir: At the J&K Police Public School in Miran Sahib, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha launched the Digital Skill Development program for the children of J&K Police Martyrs to create sustainable livelihoods.
- Karnataka: The Karnataka government approved the State Youth Policy with an aim to provide skill training to the youth to address rising unemployment.
- Maharashtra: The Maharashtra government is eager to collaborate with the private sector on skill development in order to boost productivity and efficiency across all sectors. Read more…
- Manipur: A two-day national seminar on “NEP 2020 and its Implementation in Teacher Education in North East India” commenced in the multipurpose hall of DM College of Teacher Education (DMCTE), Imphal.
- Nagaland: At Japfü Christian College, a seminar on employability through quality, skill-based education in higher education was conducted.
- Odisha: The government of Odisha is partnering with the Rubber, Chemical and Petrochemical Skill Development Council (RCPSDC) to impart women self-help group members training in footwear manufacturing.
- Telangana: Upon successful completion of skill training for Electrician Domestic Solution under
PMKVY 3.0 scheme, a certificate distribution event was organised by ITI Hyderabad MANUU.
Also read: NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 06122022 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-06122022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply