NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
This is an interactive orientation workshop titled “Skill development and vocational education in India: An orientation workshop”. The registrations for the sixth batch are now open!
Date: 18th June 2022, Time: 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
Participant fee: Rs.499/-
Last date to register: 16th June 2022
To register, please visit- https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/workshop/
Skill development news from the government
- The digital skilling initiative which will focus on skilling, reskilling and upskilling students via internships, apprenticeships, and employment was launched by Union Minister of Education and Skill Development, Dharmendra Pradhan. Read more…
- MSDE is going to organize the PM National Apprenticeship Mela every month from June onwards with an aim to give the youth a platform to get on-ground training within corporations, which boosts their chance of employment.
- To increase the income of the workers and improve their skills, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is planning to provide skill training to the workers in the unorganised sector through a special programme, designed by DSEU.
Skill development news from the industry
- Medusa has signed an MoU with ATDC to promote fashion events and encourage admissions into their Degree and Diploma courses.
- Jetking Infotrain Limited has partnered with NSDC to conduct free, open to all workshops for digital skills training which will cover topics including cyber security, blockchain, cryptocurrency and cloud computing.
- With an aim to train and provide employment opportunities to 25 Lakh Indian citizens, ‘AI Capital of the World’, The Data Tech Labs Inc. has come up with a campaign “AI for India”.
- In order to prepare students for the job roles and provide placement opportunities, Cliniminds has signed an MoU with the Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP), Kerala.
- The collaboration of ESSCI and NCVET will pave the way to upskill and train students in electronics job roles.
- THSC collaborated with Delhi Police to provide employment-oriented skills to first-time offenders, and victims of crime for YUVA 2.0.
Skill development news from the academia
- Aiming to empower women and youth from remote areas, AISECT is implementing a skills training, and livelihood enhancement programme under the Rural India Skill Empowerment (RISE) programme in eight states.
- Shri Vishwakarma Skill University (SVS) has been almost completed and will be inaugurated by Prime Minister, Narendra Modi.
- The Indian School of Business (ISB) has collaborated with NSDC to work towards conducting joint research around labour markets, identifying and benchmarking skilling needs across occupations and sectors.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the states
- Himachal Pradesh:
- With an aim to train the youth in drone skills and to make them employable, 9 universities and 50 colleges of Himachal Pradesh, Technical Education department has collaborated with Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRUA) to introduce drone flying training related skill development courses.
- With a focus to provide employment to the ITI students, Eduauraa has signed an MoU with the Himachal Pradesh government.
- Kerala: Under the Union Ministry of Textiles’ SAMARTH scheme, the Kerala government would provide free training to 1,975 individuals in the textile industry.
- Madhya Pradesh: To provide a good understanding and training on loader operation, Case Construction Equipment has inaugurated Skill Development Center in Pithampur.
- Maharastra: To skill 10000 persons with disabilities from Maharashtra, Sarthak Educational Trust has come up with its new hybrid learning centre in Mumbai.
- Telangana: BIRED is conducting a 40-days free vocational training programme in Hyderabad for the unemployed youth from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Have you missed the previous edition of NSN weekly round-up? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-07062022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.