NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
In the backdrop of the emerging changes and new opportunities in the Indian Universities offering vocational courses, Bhartiya Skill Development University (BSDU) Jaipur in collaboration with Commonwealth Educational Media Centre for Asia (CEMCA), organized a 2-day consultative meeting at Jaipur on the 10th and 11th November 2022.
The objective of the meeting was to validate and enhance the curriculum and pedagogy for vocational educators of higher education that could be developed as a MOOC that prepares the teachers to make a transition to vocational education. Read more…
Skill development news from the government
- Over 1 lakh youths had been hired in the private sector across 67 massive employment centres, according to C V Ganesan, the minister of labour welfare and skill development.
- According to Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar, having a skill that is relevant to the future would make it simpler to stay competitive in the world of entrepreneurship. Skills are the passport to prosperity and opportunities.
Skill development news from drones
- General Aeronautics Pvt Limited and Bayer have partnered to provide DGCA-approved drone services for crop protection to small farm owners in India.
- To provide Instant Delivery to 1378 pin codes across 24 cities in India, TSAW is establishing 136 drone hubs across the nation in collaboration with CABT Logistics.
- Garuda Aerospace has raised $5 million and will use it to work with big global companies in the aerospace and defence industries to develop advanced drone solutions for the armed forces.
- Amazon has unveiled the look of its new Prime Air delivery drone, which can withstand mild rain and extreme temperatures. The brand-new “MK30” drone will go into service in 2024.
- To boost farmer productivity and income, IFFCO and Drone Destination signed an MOU to provide DGCA-certified drone pilot training and application of drones in various farming activities.
- A centre for drone pilot training will be established in Prayagraj; drone pilots will be trained in Naini beginning in late January or early February of the following year.
- To produce 2,500 drone pilots yearly, Tamil Nadu signed an MOU with IGRUA, De Drone World Solutions.
- By the end of November, Acharya NG Ranga Agriculture University (ANGRAU) will launch a 12-day drone technology course that is a first for the country.
- Arunachal Pradesh’s East Kameng district’s remote Bana region received the first-ever drone delivery of essential medicines from Seppa.
Skill development news from the industry
- In areas like social and emotional skills, 21st-century skills, and other skill development areas, Sabre Corporation announced a collaboration with Nudge Institute with the objective of offering skill development programs to children of low-income daily wage earners.
Skill development news from ITIs
- Nine short-term courses have been launched by Industrial Training Institutes (ITI, Railway Station Road) as part of the skill development training programme. MSSDS initiative aims to enhance skills and provide employment opportunities for youths.
- 164 students from different government ITIs will receive three months of “Dual System Training” from Marathwada Association of Small-Scale Industries and Agriculture in collaboration with GIZ.
Skill development news from academia
- IIT Kanpur is offering eMasters degree in Communication Systems to help working people upskill themselves. The program will train professionals in the use of devices and technologies that facilitate the delivery of expertise in voice, data, and multimedia information.
- According to Union Minister Subhas Sarkar, the National Education Policy (NEP), 2020 places a significant focus on the promotion of mother tongues and regional languages.
- To provide a three-month online Basic Hindi Awareness program for foreigners, IGNOU signed an MOU with the Indian Council for Cultural Relations and the Central Hindi Directorate.
- AISECT, with its emphasis on skill development and government support, is helping students in understanding the value of their rich culture in order to make them work in the industry.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Jammu and Kashmir: J&K is one of the first states in the nation to put all of the National Education Policy 2020’s elements into practice.
- Jharkhand: Four ambitious schemes, including MMSPY, EPY, GSCCY, and MMSY, have been approved by the Jharkhand Cabinet to support youth and student skill development and education.
- Manipur: In order to improve teaching-learning activities and teaching efficacy through technology, the Manipur government signed an MOU with Infosys.
- Odisha: On November 11, 2022, Droupadi Murmu, the President of India, officially launches a number of projects for the Union Ministry of Education in Bhubaneshwar.
Also read: NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 08112022 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-08112022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply