NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Registrations are open for the fourth batch of NSN Catalyse
This is an interactive orientation workshop titled “Skill development and vocational education in India: An orientation workshop”.
Date: 21st May 2022, Time: 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
Participant fee: Rs.499/-
Last date to register: 19th May 2022
Registration link – https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/workshop/
Skill development news from the government
- The pilot project for skilling tribal youth – Rural Tribal Technical Training was launched which aims to train 250 beneficiaries from six states in India.
- As part of the decolonisation of the education system in the country, Union Education and Skill Development Minister, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan had an extensive consultation on the formulation of the Higher Education Commission of India (HECI).
- MSDE has partnered with the Indian School of Business (ISB) for the capacity building and modernising of the mindset, methodology, and skill set of MSDE officials under the ‘Mission Karmayogi’initiative.
Skill development news from the industry
- NSDC has collaborated with Medhavi Skills University to jointly develop and promote work-integrated and skill-embedded degree/ diploma courses across the country.
- NSDCI along with the Indian unit of DP World and Hindustan Ports Private Limited established a Skill India International Centre at Varanasi to skill the youth for better overseas employment in logistics, port operations and allied areas. Read more…
- TPDDL has signed a pact with the Central Board of Irrigation and Power (CBIP) to nurture power sector professionals with the required skills through advanced training programmes.
- With an aim to provide sustainable livelihood to artisans and craftsmen in India, Reliance Retail has launched new initiatives to boost the ‘Handmade in India’ programme.
- To enhance the manpower on a sustained level, BFSI SSC has partnered with Acuvisor Insurance Brokers. They have announced a unique internship programme to set up the same.
Skill development news from the academia
- A white paper titled ‘Supporting India’s Higher Education Sector Transformation’ was released collaboratively by Pearson and UKIBC. This identifies growth areas for higher education in the country.
- With the support of the National Bee Board, a skill-based beekeeping training was organised by NDDB under National Beekeeping and Honey Mission (NBHM) scheme.
- Airbus, in collaboration with Tata STRIVE and AASSC, will train youth for better employment in the aerospace and aviation sector in the areas of airport operations, flight training, engineering and maintenance among others.
- To bridge the IT skills gap in workplace in India, Veranda Learning Solutions have launched ‘Veranda Acacia’ with its first set of centres across 25 locations.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the states
- Goa – With an aim to enhance skill development and make the villagers economically independent, DMC has selected a few villages where the college is located.
- Himachal Pradesh – The government of Himachal Pradesh has introduced vocational courses in technical education to make the youth self-reliant. Also a new scheme, Kaushal Aapke Dwar, will be launched with the aim of providing services like plumbing, welding and electrical repairs among others.
- Jammu and Kashmir – Training on various construction skills would be given to economically weaker sections of Kashmir by L&T CSTI.
- Karnataka – An MoU was signed between Brigade Foundation and BCIC to create a skilled workforce and empower the youth of Karnataka.
- Meghalaya – The foundation stone for the construction of the P.A. Sangma Medical Skill Hunar hub was laid near Babadam in the West Garo Hills district.
- Odisha- An ITI will be established set to curb the migration issue in Balangir by the department of Higher Education (DHE).
- Puducherry – Students were given on-the-job training at the Lenovo Manufacturing plant in Puducherry by Motilal Nehru Government Polytechnic College in partnership with Lenovo India and TNS India Foundation (TNSIF).
- Punjab – With an aim to train 10,000 women and Persons with Disabilities in the age group of 16-35 years, Punjab Skill Development Mission has virtually launched the Microsoft Diversity Skilling Program to impart the skills related to employability, nano entrepreneurship, digital tools and communication.
Have you missed the previous edition of NSN weekly round-up? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-10052022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.