NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
The Education 4.0 India initiative brought together over 40 partners from the education technology, government, academic, and start-up communities to focus on how Fourth Industrial Revolution technologies can enhance learning and lessen inequalities in access to education among school children in India.
Download the report to learn more about the initiative’s progress and findings. https://www.weforum.org/reports/education-4-0-india/
Skill development news from the government
- As part of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Skill India Mission to increase career opportunities and practical training, MSDE organized Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Melas at 280 locations across the nation.
- Women and Child Development Minister Smriti Irani announced on 11th October 2022, that the government will provide counselling and skill training to children living in child care institutions to assist them in seeking employment after leaving the facility.
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan reviewed the initiatives made in the education and skill sectors in Uttarakhand while taking part in the program for the implementation of National Education Policy 2020 in Uttarakhand.
- At IIT, Delhi, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated IInvenTiv, the first-ever all-IITs R&D Showcase. The two-day event focused on to bring students, researchers, academicians, industrialists, and students to explore collaborative opportunities.
- The State Government has issued many instructions to enhance the usage of drones in departmental works in coordination with the Union Ministry of Civil Aviation.
Skill development news from the industry
- On 13th October 2022, 165 students were felicitated by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) under the second phase of the Grameen Udyami project.
- India’s space sector will add value to its prestige over the next 25 years, according to Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh, as the business has emerged as a very strong player in the geospatial world.
- To guarantee that girls develop their skills and enter the workforce in a diversity of professions, including STEM, MWCD organized the National Conference on Skilling in (NTL) for Girls, “Betiyan Bane Kushal.”
- Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Science and Technology and Earth Sciences, stated that there are more than 250 start-ups operating in the geospatial sector in the country.
- Bayer has announced that it will commence commercial use of drones in agriculture in Kharif 2022. Drone services would be made accessible for paddy, cotton, soybean, corn, and horticulture crop protection.
- Sonu Sood has pledged to open skill development centres in celebration of Karva Chauth in order to empower women and empower them to become financially independent.
- To give its employees access to higher education, HCLTech has formed a partnership with Purdue Global for employees and apprentices in the United States to take courses and improve their technical skills.
- DroneAcharya Aerial Innovations Limited has partnered with Dubai-based drone manufacturer Microavia to expand its services with aerial robotic platforms and related products for autonomous flight.
- Paras Aerospace will present its recent innovations in UAV at “DEFEXPO INDIA 2022,” including High Altitude Military Operation Drones, Logistic Support Drones, Attack Drones, and Tracking & Detection Drones.
- To provide thorough training in disaster management, Garuda Aerospace Pvt Ltd and National Disaster Response Force signed a memorandum of understanding. To assist the NDRF officials, a quadcopter consumer drone named “Droni” will be deployed.
- Garuda Aerospace and Lockheed Martin Canada CDL Systems have collaborated to combine the latter’s advanced Uncrewed Aerial Systems (UAS) software solutions with the Indian company’s in-house drone production for both commercial and defence uses.
- According to Piyush Goyal, India’s minister of commerce and industry, the country has huge potential in the footwear sector and can increase output and exports by ten times in the near future.
- 120 unemployed youth from Maharashtra will receive financial support for a skill development program from Central Mine Planning & Design Institute, RI-IV, Nagpur as part of a new CSR initiative.
- For 1,500 women, “Adani Skills” has been conducting a skill-development program that has helped them become independent in four distinct trades: tailoring uniforms, creating shoes, sweaters, dhoop sticks, and dhoopbattis.
- According to the latest TeamLease Apprenticeship Outlook report, employers are likely to hire more apprentices in the period of July to December 2022, up from 72% in the first half of the year.
- Degree programs were jointly launched by NSDC International and the Datta Meghe Institute of Higher Education and Research with the aim of improving employment opportunities and entrepreneurship readiness.
Skill development news from ITIs
- For the academic year 2022–2023, the Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) has released a notification for admission into various trades at the Industrial Training Institute.
- The Industrial Training Institute (ITI) Berhampur, which is run by the government of Odisha, featured a structure made out of scrap metal in the Limca Book of Records.
- Government industrial training institutes (ITIs) reported record enrollment of over 97% in the 2022–23 academic session, supporting the State’s “Skilled in Odisha” initiative.
Skill development news from academia
- NTTF participated in a one-day state-level workshop on “Vocational Skill Policy, Dropout Reduction, and Employability Among Adolescent Youth” – A Study in Odisha, organized by the National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), a part of the Indian Institute of Science (IISc, Bangalore). The workshop was held on 14th October 2022 at Government High School, Gumma Panchayat, Rayagada and witnessed massive participation from the students and parents from the surrounding districts. Read more…
- The IIT Madras Pravartak Foundation is offering industry-relevant upskilling courses to students interested in pursuing a career in banking and finance. The courses are being offered through a collaboration between Digital Skills Academy and InFactPro.
- 19 urban and rural schools from all over India gave presentations on how they used geospatial data to comprehend a local issue and to design and carry out a change initiative in the community using spatial thinking to truly localize the SDG implementation.
- According to Shri Pradhan, the Football for Schools program enhances sports-integrated learning and upholds the NEP 2020 vision. It will advance India’s sporting culture and aid in the training of our students.
- On October 11, 2022, in New Delhi, India hosted the 6th meeting of the India-Norway Joint Working Group on Higher Education, to oversee and track the progress of the MoU on Cooperation in Higher Education’s implementation.
- On October 10, 2022, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the first phase of Modi Shaikshanik Sankul, an educational complex for disadvantaged students in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- For students enrolled in the BLIS and MLIS programmes, IGNOU has launched an internship portal. Students from both of these programmes will be able to use the LIS internship portal to gain practical experience.
- Under the PM SHRI scheme, which includes all of NEP 2020’s components, more than 14,500 schools would be developed throughout India.
- On October 14, 2022, in Hanoi, Vietnam, the 6th East Asia Summit Education Minister’s Meeting was held. Informed of India’s joint activities in education and research with partner EAS countries as well as the major initiatives of National Education Policy 2020.
- Government College of Education (GCOE), Jammu’s Department of English and Department of ICT organized a national online webinar on integrating ICT in education: teaching apps for new teachers.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is planning to introduce books starting from class seven, making India the first country to offer design thinking and innovation courses in schools.
- A six-month certificate program and a nine-month advanced certificate program in data science and machine learning have been launched by IIT-Mandi in collaboration with the NSDC.
- 37 aspiring fashion designers from NIFT Delhi is receiving training in Srinagar, expanding the range of renowned Kashmiri handicrafts.
- At IIT-Guwahati, the President, Droupadi Murmu, virtually inaugurated the “Param Kamrupa” supercomputer facility and a laboratory for the research and development of high-power microwave components.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Assam: A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Google and the Government of Assam was signed in order to support and accelerate the Government’s initiatives to promote digital growth and development for the State’s youth and students.
- Jammu and Kashmir: A program for the development of management skills with a variety of objectives was organized in Jammu to assist administrative heads of polytechnics and ITIs.
- Jharkhand: About 153 women have already registered for the next 1.3 phase of the Gramin Udyami Skill Training Program, which is scheduled to begin in Gumla, Jharkhand, by the end of this month or in November.
- Karnataka: A new initiative to give employability skills to thousands of youths in Karnataka has been announced by the Karnataka Skill Development Corporation and Quest Alliance.
- Madhya Pradesh: Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya has established India’s first Centre of Excellence in Logistics, which would annually train thousands of unemployed youths and professionals.
- Maharashtra: 120 unemployed youth from Maharashtra will receive financial support for a skill development program from Central Mine Planning & Design Institute, RI-IV, Nagpur as part of a new CSR initiative.
- Nagaland: The PHED Longleng division organized a community-level skill development training program as part of a Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) support activity on October 8 at the VCC and VDB Conference Hall in Longleng.
- Tamil Nadu: On October 20, the Tamil Nadu School Education Department will provide counselling for students who have not yet enrolled in higher education courses, including those who failed their Class 12 exams.
- Telangana: In order to give employment skills to college students in the state, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages (HCCB) and Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge (TASK) signed an MOU.
- Uttar Pradesh: The Uttar Pradesh state government has agreed to establish the UP-Innovation Fund with a corpus of Rs 400 crore in order to support technology-based innovation start-ups in the state.
Also read: NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 11102022 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-11102022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply