NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
YuWaah (UNICEF) is organising a session on “Apprenticeship and its benefits” to promote and maximise the adoption of apprenticeship programs in the country.
Register now for a virtual session on “Apprenticeship and its benefits for Employers” – https://bit.ly/3PhuBqo
Date: 22 July 2022
Time: 3:30pm to 4:45 pm
Skill development news from the government
- MSDE organized the Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela in 200 locations across India. The one-day event featured 36 sectors and more than 1000 companies and 500 distinct sorts of trades.
- MSDE is going to start around 22 programmes to accommodate new recruits who will join the military services under the Agnipath scheme.
- UNICEF and YuWaah have launched the #YoungWarriorNXT reports in partnership with the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation and Udhyam Learning Foundation on the occasion of World Youth Skills Day.
- DGT-MSDE is conducting long-term skilling programmes in various disciplines through a network of ITIs and NSTIs.
Skill development news from the industry
- Google has launched the Startup School India initiative to assist and train 10,000 startups in small cities.
- MEPSC has announced the creation of a new Qualification Standard on Entrepreneurship with a significant focus on women entrepreneurship as a major step toward eliminating gender-based barriers that pose significant obstacles to women entrepreneurs. Read more…
- RAI Industries Association has organized a Skill Development seminar on the topic “Instructor key to a skilled workforce” focusing on the training of the instructors working in ITIs.
- ESSCI organized the Amrit Skill Mahotsav with the aim to provide a capacity-building programme for 85 job roles.
- Amrit Manwanias, Chairman and Managing Director of Sahasra Electronics Pvt. Ltd and Infopower Technologies Limited has been appointed as the new chairman of ESSCI.
- Omega, in collaboration with UNNATI and the Hope Foundation, has designed an industry-focused flagship skilling programme to train 10,000 youth from marginalized communities.
- Petronet LNG Limited in association with CIPET counselled and interviewed applicants for admission to CIPET, Dehradun for 100 Seats.
- The Aeronautical Society of India (AeSI) has established the Aero Innovation and Skill Centre (AISC) to mentor start-ups, students and entrepreneurs working in the aerospace and aviation sectors.
- SKF India has expanded its Youth Empowerment Program (YES) across three states.
- Tata Power Skill Development Institute (TPSDI) is expanding its training initiatives to equip youth with skills for green energy jobs. The institute has planned to train around 3000 youth in green energy jobs in FY 23 and will scale up the numbers to around 5000 by 2025.
- Dalmia Bharat Foundation (DBF) has launched its new DIKSHa (Dalmia Institute of Knowledge and Skill Harnessing) centre in India.
Skill development news from the states
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
- Bihar- The government of Bihar has partnered with seven major companies including Maruti and Flipkart to provide placement opportunities to the students in ITIs and engineering colleges.
- Karnataka- Karnataka Skill Development Corporation (KSDC) has launched a Skill Connect Portal. The digital platform brings together academic institutions, various skilling agencies, potential workforce and potential employers.
- Kerala- The state-level K-Skill project by the Additional Skill Acquisition Programme (ASAP), Kerala will be launched on 30th July 2022.
- Rajasthan- The skill development and entrepreneurship department of Rajasthan have signed MoUs with four companies with an aim to promote skill training of youth in the state.
- Tamil Nadu- Under the recent syllabus revamp in Tamil Nadu, a skill certificate will be provided to students after practical assessments at government schools.
- Uttar Pradesh–
- The construction work of 15 new government ITIs in Uttar Pradesh has been completed and their buildings are fully ready for inauguration.
- The government of Uttar Pradesh is going to upgrade the ITIs in the state at a cost of Rs 4000 crores.
Have you missed the previous edition of NSN weekly round-up? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-12072022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.