NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Skill development news from the government
- Mr. Likith Kumar YP represented India with a bronze medal in prototype modelling at the WorldSkills Competition 2022 (WSC2022), which took place in Bern, Switzerland from September 7 to 10, 2022. Read more…
- To bring about significant reforms in higher education, the Karnataka government has drafted a complete draught of a Bill, paying particular attention to the National Education Policy’s proposals (NEP-20).
- Dharmendra Pradhan, the union minister for education and skill development, actively participated in a brainstorming session on the “Re-imagination of Training Institutes” on September 13, 2022.
- Ramakrishna Mission’s “Awakening” Program for students in grades I to V was launched by Union Minister for Education, Skill Development, and Entrepreneurship Shri Dharmendra Pradhan.
- In order to strengthen their skills through immersion training programs, the Narendra Modi government has begun sending civil servants from several ministries to the corporate sector.
- For the development of archery in India, NTPC signed an MoU with the National Sports Development Funds (NSDF) and Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS).
Skill development news from the industry
- HPCL has partnered with the Indian Army to provide the ‘Kargil Ignited Minds’ learning platform for coaching and mentoring aspiring but underprivileged female students in the Kargil Region of UT Ladakh.
- To explore and promote opportunities for collaboration between Indian and American higher education institutions, a US delegation is visiting India for five days.
- Engie has agreed to collaborate with National Skill Development Corp. (NSDC) to train 600 young people as solar module technicians in order to provide them with the education, training, and experience needed for the job market.
- Following the approval of its executive committee, the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) will shortly acquire the status of “deemed-to-be-university”.
- Swiggy, an online food delivery company, announced a skill initiative on 13th September 2022 that, will provide free learning opportunities to thousands of delivery executives and their children.
- The start of iPHARMACY, AstraZeneca India’s up-skilling program for pharmacists, was announced on 14th September 2022. This program’s initial phase will be carried out in Kerala.
- Two hands-on programs on “Seed production and farming of brackishwater finfishes” were conducted by the ICAR-Central Institute of Brackishwater Aquaculture, Chennai and West Bengal in first initial week of September 2022.
- AAFT Online intends to bridge the creative skill gap by providing upskilling solutions to GenZ and also is offering an Ed-tech-led platform with an array of courses backed by the brand’s legacy and trusted partners.
- In collaboration with FutureSkills Prime and Nasscom’s digital skilling initiative, Google Cloud announced the launch of the first cohort of its computing foundations with Kubernetes course.
- A memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed by Dalmia Bharat Foundation (DBF) and NIIT Foundation to deliver underprivileged youths’ community-focused educational and skill-building training programs.
Skill development news from ITIs
- Government Industrial Training Institute (ITT) Doda held an “Apprenticeship Mela” on September 12, 2022, to offer real time employment training to candidates with the required standards of skills for industries and other sectors.
- Two students from the Industrial Training Institute (ITI) in Baripada, Mayurbhanj, excelled in the all-India level trade test administered by the Director General of Training.
Skill development news from academia
- As the student population grows each year, India is experiencing a booming demographic dividend. Its growth rate is substantially quicker than that of other nations and is expected to last until 2030.
- Several skill-based programmes are proposed under the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 to empower the youth of Jammu and Kashmir and to improve the individual talent of students in sync with their capabilities.
- To offer skill- and employment-based courses, Delhi University and ICT Academy signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). NCWEB, Delhi University Computer Centre, and ICT Academy collaborated to organize the course.
- The training institutes under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) would help achieve the goal by preparing 25 lakh trainers over the next three years.
Skill development news from states and UTs
- Gujrat: The Gem & Jewellery Skill Council of India (GJSCI), in partnership with the Shrimad Rajchandra Skill Development Centre (SRSDC), launched a Skill Training Centre for Dharampur’s Rural and Tribal Youth.
- New Delhi: The state government of Delhi is introducing a skill development program for EV mechanics with the goal of developing a workforce that is ready for the industry to serve the diverse and quickly expanding EV ecosystem.
- Nagaland: On September 12, the Government High School in Sechu, Zubza hosted the inauguration of the first School of Excellence in Skill Development in Nagaland.
- Odisha: The Center was urged by the State of Odisha for CSR funds to create a framework for institutionalising proactive participation in the development of the scientific and technological ecosystem across all the States.
- Tripura: Under MSDE, the Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship (IIE), Guwahati, has held a workshop on “Skilling and Entrepreneurship” for Engineers and technically qualified youths at the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Agartala on September 14th, 2022.
Also read: NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 13092022
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply