NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Skill development news from the government
- A technical training program to train ISRO employees in the latest trends in the space industry has begun in Bangalore, Mumbai, and Trivandrum.
- In partnership with UNICEF and YuWaah, the Ministry of Education hosted a one-day consultation workshop on reimagining vocational education and career guidance for school students.
Skill development news from the industry
- NSDC signed an MoU with Podar Eduspace Pvt Ltd and EduCLaaS Pvt Ltd for educating India’s youth in digital and futuristic skills based on apprenticeships to prepare them for the future.
- In order to train more than 1,600 young people across the country in digital skills, ArcelorMittal Nippon Steel India and the NSDC signed an MOU.
- Awign signs an MOU with the Logistics Sector Skill Council to close the supply-demand imbalance in the logistics industry and establish a conducive ecosystem which aids employment for job seekers.
- Chetu establishes a new software skill development centre that offers technical graduates free training to begin their careers in the tech world.
- Volkswagen India honors 15 in-house skill contest winners for upskilling, learning, and development and places a strong emphasis on awarding the best sales and service team members.
- To digitally equip and skill over 3.5 million people by March 2024 in remote and backward areas of India, the Nasscom Foundation launched the “Aspirational Districts Program.”
- The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) organized the 10th CII Global Summit on Skill Development and Livelihood on December 13, 2022, in New Delhi. Read more…
Skill development news from the ITIs
- Government ITI Doda held an “Apprenticeship Mela” on its campus to offer real-world employment training with the necessary standards of skills in industries and other areas.
- Government ITI of Kupwara offers various job-oriented courses to youth in the valley, aims to provide best possible skill training, self-employment and job placement.
- The Assam government has announced plans to establish 16 new ITIs and decided there needs to be one ITI in every block of the state.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the academia
- To collaborate and create a joint program in scientific and mathematics education, IISER and TISS signed a MOA. Students will be able to choose and specialise in scientific teaching.
- A workshop on integrating curriculum and evaluation was organised by TSCHE and CCETS in collaboration with the ISB, to look at the present assessment frameworks and make suggestions for implementing next-generation assessment systems.
- Panjab University has signed an MOU with the Union Education Ministry’s Mahatma Gandhi National Council of Rural Education (MGNCRE) to boost the employability of undergraduate students.
- Little Flower School has concluded providing 460 students with NEP-2020 vocational training; goal of this project was to provide students a thorough understanding of vocational training courses.
- Manipal Global Skills Academy launched National Sales Academy, provides over one lakh job opportunities in India by creating employable skilled professionals across sales roles.
- A 10-day advanced entrepreneurship and skill development program is being organised by SKUAST-K with the aim of providing technical and vocational skills in forest-based products to unemployed youths.
- CEMCA and CBSE organized a National Consultation Meeting for the course development of “Improving Teaching Techniques of TVET School Teachers” on December 19 and 20, 2022, in New Delhi. Read more…
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Jammu and Kashmir: To provide free training to women and girls, Prayas Juvenile Aid Center Society established a skill development centre for cutting and tailoring in the Shalateng area of Srinagar.
- Maharashtra: Pune is the first C-DAC to receive NCVET certification with credit ranking, allowing students to develop their own curriculum, conduct exams, and grant their own certification, like an autonomous university.
- Odisha: The Odisha government has decided to incorporate pre-vocational training for students in classes VI to VIII, and would be trained in a variety of trades.
- Uttar Pradesh: In order to build a smart city of knowledge, the Uttar Pradesh government and Austin University of the United States have signed an MOU.
Also read: NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 13122022 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-13122022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.