NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Skill development news from the government
- The government aims to enhance manufacturing capacity, packaging, design, verification capabilities, research, and skills and make India reach its target to make it worth 300 billion by 2025-26.
- MSDE has launched the third phase of the Rural Entrepreneur Project, which will train 500 tribal youths to promote the economic and sustainable development of tribal women and bring tribal communities to the forefront.
- Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar stated that India, which will soon take the G20 presidency, will play a critical role in shaping the world’s technology and digitalization.
Skill development news from the industry
- To train and certify almost 4500 women from self-help groups (SHGs) and transgender people in vocational courses under the SANKALP program, MSDE and NSDC collaborate with Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.
- GeoSmart India 2022, held on November 15-17, 2022 in Hyderabad, focused on geospatial technologies and aimed to foster progressive policy change.
- An MOU between ESSCI and the Daikin Japanese Institute of Manufacturing Excellence was signed in order to create a workforce that is prepared for the future in the electronics system design and manufacturing sector.
- Infiniti Retail Limited (Croma), Metro Brands, Ferns & Petals, and Pepe Jeans India have partnered with TeamLease Degree Apprenticeship to upskill their apprentice workforce through TLDA’s Degree Apprenticeship Program.
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) has unveiled a new logo that emphasizes the phrase “Reimagine Future.” By 2025, the organization hopes to have 50,000 skill centres operating in India.
- Saif Mohammad has been appointed as the new CEO of Rubber, Chemical & Petrochemical Skill Development Council (RCPSDC).
- To “Provide Skill Development Training in the Field of Machine Operator to 80 Unemployed Youth from Jharkhand State through CIPET: CSTS”, an MoA was signed between CMPDIL and CIPET: Center for Skilling and Technical Support (CSTS), Ranchi.
- To collaborate on skill development initiatives, IIM Udaipur and the Rajasthan State Industrial Development and Investment Corporation Ltd. (RIICO) have signed an MOU.
Skill development news from ITIs
- Government ITI Samba organized the PM National Apprenticeship Mela 2022 on November 14th, 2022, to enhance career opportunities and practical training for the trainees.
- The St. Aloysius Industrial Training Institute in Mangaluru launched its beautician course on November 16, 2022.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from academia
- Nearly 2 lakh Indian students choose the United States as their top destination for higher education in the academic year 2021–2022, according to the Open Doors Report.
- The Manipur University of Culture will implement NEP 2020 beginning with the 2023–24 academic year.
- On November 15, 2022, the College of Temperate Sericulture at Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology of Kashmir commenced a weeklong skill training program on “Entrepreneurship Development in Sericulture.”
- On November 16, 2022, UGC announced that draft National Credit Framework (NCrF) awareness workshops will be organized in association with a high-level committee set up by the government of India.
- CBSE will soon release a directive asking all schools across the country to prepare to move towards a 5+3+3+4 system from the present 10+2 system as proposed in NEP 2020.
- UGC will shortly release a plan for implementing undergraduate and graduate courses in regional languages across all academic fields, including commerce, humanities, and science.
- By providing skill training to more than 14,000 students at 20 centres, Peerless Skill Academy has enhanced community livelihood in partnership with Ramakrishna Mission (RKM).
- On November 18, 2022, Tech Mahindra SMART Academy for Healthcare was established with the objective of providing youth with the necessary skills and knowledge.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Andhra Pradesh: On November 16, 2022, APSCHE and CEMCA signed a Memorandum of Understanding to upskill the faculty in the State’s higher education institutions.
- On November 17, 2022, Google and the Karnataka government signed an MOU with the Karnataka Innovation and Technology Society (KITS) with the goal of promoting women-led start-ups and enhancing the skills of marginalized youth.
- On November 21, 2022, a free 45-day handloom weaving and tailoring skill development training program will start in Mysuru. Under CMKKY, the Parivarthana Grameena Abhivrudhi Samsthe is in charge of organizing the program.
- Kerala: Every year, around 3,000 students are placed by the career counselling and counselling cell of Kerala’s vocational higher secondary wing under the General Education department.
- Nagaland: Local Tuensang weavers in Nagaland are undertaking 45 days of skill-upgrading training, which would equal 315 hours under the Samarth program.
- Odisha: To implement the JAGA Mission across five municipal corporations in Odisha, the government of Odisha signed an MoU with the Tata Steel Foundation.
- Tamil Nadu: The Tamil Nadu Skill Development Corporation hopes to enrol 12.50 lakh students in the Naan Mudhalvan portal by the end of the year.
- Tripura: In Agartala city, Education Minister Ratanlal Nath unveiled the “Nipun Tripura” website and logo, stating that the NEP 2020 has been launched to improve the basis of primary education to teach the future generations via quality education.
Also read: NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 22112022 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-15112022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.