NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Competency2Career: A webinar to understand the scope of AI and Emerging Technologies in 2022 and beyond
Team NSN, in collaboration with TalentSprint, is organizing a webinar titled “Competency2Career” to discuss and comprehend the opportunities for skill development and employability in Artificial Intelligence and Emerging Technologies in 2022 and beyond.
Date: 27th May 2022, Time: 6 PM to 7 PM
To attend the YouTube live, please visit: https://youtu.be/xLKbQUv2pBs
NSN Catalyse: An orientation workshop on skill development and vocational education in India
This is an interactive orientation workshop titled “Skill development and vocational education in India: An orientation workshop”. The registrations for the fifth batch are now open!
Date: 4th June 2022, Time: 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
Participant fee: Rs.499/-
Last date to register: 2nd June 2022
To register, please visit: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/workshop/
Skill development news from the government
- Under the Mission Karmayogi initiative, MSDE has partnered with the Indian School of Business (ISB) to conduct capacity-building programmes for MSDE officials. Read more…
- Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State – MSDE, MEIT attended and honoured the sixth edition of Manav Rachna Excellence Awards (MREA) 2022. He said that the next 25 years are going to be of India’s youth and leadership of innovation will be driven by the youth.
Skill development news from the drone ecosystem
- Gautam Buddha University and Skill Council of India, in collaboration with Omnipresent Robot Technologies is going to set up a drone excellence centre in Uttar Pradesh to provide drone related skill training to the youth.
- IIT Roorkee, AGROB and Garuda Aerospace have partnered to provide drone training across India to jointly address the growing demand for skilled drone pilots in the rapidly developing drone ecosystem.
If you wish to know more about the drone ecosystem in India, then read our conversation with Mr. Dinakar Devireddy, Head, Drone Pilot Trainings and Services, Telangana State Aviation Academy.
Skill development news from the industry
- A unique internship programme was announced by BFSI SSC in collaboration with Acuvisor Insurance Brokers (India) to meet the requirements of trained manpower.
- With an aim to develop and promote work-integrated and skill-embedded degree courses, NSDC has signed an MoU with Medhavi Skills University.
- An amount of Rs 515 crore is allocated for cybersecurity programmes for the year 2022-23 to increase the growth of cybersecurity and to enhance the digital ‘nagriks’ of India.
- As per the report launched on Indian Telecom Market 2022-23, the demand for 5G, Cloud Computing, AI is rapidly increasing.
- HSIIDC is all set to sign an agreement to start working on the third plant of Maruti Suzuki in Haryana after Manesar and Gurugram.
- To create trained doctors, nurses and paramedics in the country with skills and reduce mortality due to medical emergencies, the Union Health Ministry has started a training module on National Emergency Life Support (NELS).
- In an aim to empower Indian youth in skill training, AMH SSC has donated Rs. 51 lakhs from their CSR funds to NSDF.
Skill development news from the academia
- A four-credit course in Plumbing course is introduced across engineering and architecture institutes jointly by AICTE and Indian Plumbing Association (IPA).
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the states
- Assam – The district transport office in Assam has launched a scheme for skill training in driving to avoid road accidents and provide employment in Guwahati.
- Chhattisgarh – Most of the graduates in Chhattisgarh have found employment after youth getting trained by BALCO through the Vedanta Skill Schools in Korba, Kawardha and Mainpat in FY22.
- Delhi – The second vocational training centre was inaugurated in Faridabad by Godrej and Boyce in association with IITM Murthal in Sonipat.
- Jammu and Kashmir
- Short term programmes in Fashion Designing and Technology and Dress Making courses were inagurated at Government Industrial Institute (ITI) with an aim to up-skill of Women Self Help Groups(SHGs) of Srinagar.
- With a focus to enhance youth’s technical skills, Jammu and Kashmir have laid significance on promoting vocational education.
- Madhya Pradesh – Samsung Smart School was inagurated at Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) school in Gwalior to enable digital learning for students and bridging the digital divide in India.
- Maharashtra – Melghat Tiger Reserve will impart free-of-cost skill development training to improve employment opportunities for tribals living in and around that area.
- Manipur – A skill training programme was launched by the Skills, Labour, Employment and Entrepreneurship Minister to train people who lost jobs during the COVID-19 pandemic in Imphal.
- Meghalaya – The services of the Composite Regional Centre (CRC) for Skill Development, Rehabilitation and Empowerment of PwD were inaugurated by the Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, Dr Virendra Kumar at Shillong, Meghalaya.
- To pioneer developmental initiatives and improve the quality of life, Odisha Mining Corporation (OMC) is going to set up five model schools in the areas of its operation and a skill academy at ITI, Koira.
- A skill development centre has been launched by AM/NS in partnership with Fun first Global Skillers Pvt Ltd (FGSPL) to give job opportunities to the youth of Paradeep village.
- Punjab – To encourage industrialists and engage youth under apprenticeship schemes, an interactive workshop was organised by the employment generation secretary under the skill schemes of Punjab Skill Development Mission (PSDM).
- Telangana – Four skill development centres are being set up in Mahbubnagar and Nizamabad by Telangana State Minorities Finance Corporation (TSMFC). The computer centres will also get upgraded.
- Uttar Pradesh – To provide students with skill-based education in the field of Tourism, Travel, Aviation and Hospitality, Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh signed an MoU with THSC, by different campuses of Amity University, through the implementation programmes under this MoU.
Have you missed the previous edition of NSN weekly round-up? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-17052022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply