The latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes focuses skill hubs portal and the 2nd G20 webinar on “Foundational skills and lifelong learning in the context of future of work. This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the latest edition of NSN weekly newsbytes,
Skill development news from the government
- The government has launched the Skill Hub Portal, which invites all colleges and universities to join the Skill India Network and ensures that students all over India can easily access skill training.
- MSDE organised the 2nd webinar on the topic of “Foundational skills and lifelong learning in the context of future of work” on March 21st, 2023, Read more…
- In the country, the estimated Labor Force Participation Rate (LFPR) on usual status for women aged 15 and over was 30.0% in 2019–20, 32.5% in 2020–21, and 32.8% in 2021–22, respectively.
- According to the recent Annual PLFS Reports, the predicted Unemployment Rate (UR) on ordinary status for graduate people aged 15 and up was 17.2%, 15.5%, and 14.9% in 2019-20, 2020-21, and 2021-22, indicating a declining trend in the unemployment rate of graduate degree holders.
Skill development news from the industry
- NSDC International, has collaborated with one of India’s leading universities, Lamrin Tech Skill University (LTSU), to organise the first-of-its-kind International Kaushal Mahotsav Read more…
- In Tumakuru, Karnataka, the Infosys Foundation, the firm’s philanthropic and CSR arm, established a skill training development centre to teach specially abled children specialised job-oriented skills.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the Bharat 6G vision document and launched the 6G research and development (R&D) test bed, which would aid in the country’s rapid adoption of new technology.
- A new training centre has been established in Greater Noida by the CNH Industrial brand New Holland Agriculture to boost the technical skills of its employees, dealer teams, and customers.
- Axis Bank Foundation and Generation India Foundation have announced their partnership to train 10,000 youths in skill development as part of Project AMBER.
- The Indian Chamber of Commerce organised the ‘5th Gems and Jwellery Summit 2023” to discuss the Gold Industry Vision 2023 and witnessed valuable insights on India’s gold market on economic growth and employment.
- In order to upskill the transgender community through a skill development program that will create employment opportunities, Xiaomi India has partnered with United Way India.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- Procter and Gamble India awarded ‘P&G Shiksha Betiyan Scholarships’ to 29 women pursuing STEM courses on career opportunities at Haritha Ecological Private ITI in Telangana.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the academia
- According to a statement issued by CBSE, the National Curriculum Framework for Foundation Stage (NCFFS) would be implemented for the academic year 2022-2023 from nursery to class 2.
- The Education Ministry of UGC will be aiming to reform India’s ranking and accreditation systems in order to bring them in line with NEP 2020’s goals.
- In order to expand its technical manpower, Bahrain is in talks with various Indian universities to establish campuses there for higher education and vocational training.
Also read: NSN Weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training-21032023 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-21032023/
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Mizoram: The B20 conference on India Initiatives in the Northeast was held in Aizawl, Mizoram, and it emphasised on prospects for multilateral business partnerships in areas such as urban planning, infrastructure, bamboo, startups, and skill development.
- Tamil Nadu: NIT-Trichy has been identified as one of the skill hubs under PMKVY scheme to provide skill training to youths including school and college students and dropouts.
- Uttar Pradesh: The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Lucknow will provide training sessions for principals of government secondary schools in Uttar Pradesh to improve their management skills.
- West Bengal: A centre of excellence to foster the development of skills for charging electric vehicles has been established by the Bengal government and the UK government.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.