NSN weekly newsbytes, this week, focuses on Indo German Collaboration Webinar Series on Intercontinental Education Insight, Australia-India Education Researcher Forum, FICCI Global Skills Summit (GSS) 2023. This edition of our newsbytes also includes updates from the government, industry, academia, and other stakeholders in the skilling ecosystem.
In addition to keeping you informed about the industry, the skill development news overview may be able to help you with lead generation and business opportunities.
Here we go with the highlights of this week,
Highlights of the week:
Intercontinental Education Insight – Indo German Collaboration Webinar
German Varsity is organising a webinar on Intercontinental Education Insight, an Indo-German Collaboration Webinar Series on “Quality Enhancement in Higher Education”.
Date: September 7th, 2023
Time: 04:00 PM
To register now, click on the link: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/indo-german-webinars/
Australia-India Education Researcher Forum
Register to participate in the third Australia-India Education Researcher Forum on “Skills and Professional Education” webinar.
Date: September 8th, 2023
Time: 11:30 AM
Register now button: https://unimelb.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_T0aIA3iDThiVNOVuXRYmEQ#/registration
FICCI Global Skills Summit (GSS) 2023
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) is organizing the 14th Edition of its flagship FICCI Global Skills Summit (GSS) on September 20-21, 2023, at FICCI, New Delhi. Click on the link to register: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/ficci-to-organize-the-14th-global-skills-summit-2023-building-skills-empowering-youth-creating-future/
Skill development news from the government
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan released National Curriculum Framework (NCF) for school education, also announcing board exams to be now be conducted at least two times a year.
- In collaboration with the Government of Australia, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) organized a roundtable on “Enhancing Health Workforce Training and Skill Pathways” on August 21st, 2023. Read more…
- As part of the ‘Heal by India’ initiative, the government plans to train nurses and allied healthcare professionals to fulfill the rising global demand for caregivers.
- Uttar Pradesh government plans to train the second batch of women drivers for pink buses, ensuring safe travel and Skill development mission approves the training for registered female drivers.
- MSDE, Generation India Foundation, and AWS India collaborate on project AMBER, training 1,500 learners in ‘cloud’ skills for job opportunities. Emphasizing gender diversity and underprivileged groups, as part of the SANKALP program.
- India to establish 30 skill centers tailored to specific countries, aiming to develop a workforce that meets the industry and country-specific demands of various nations.
Skill development news from the industry
- Chetu inaugurated its new state-of-the-art Skill Development Centre in Noida, India, offering free training to aspiring software developers.
- SkillArbitrage introduces a scholarship program for 200 people with disabilities, offering upskilling courses for job prospects in domestic and international sectors with successful candidates receiveing co-certification from NSDC.
- Kyndryl (NYSE: KD) partners with USDC Projects India Pvt Ltd for a university management platform. The collaboration aims to improve learner experiences, streamline onboarding, and enhance administrative processes for universities.
- NASSCOM’s Sector Skills Council has launched the Talent Connect portal, designed to link digitally skilled professionals with companies seeking tech talent, creating career opportunities in the technology sector.
- Mahanadi Coalfields Limited (MCL) has signed three MoUs worth Rs 17.54 crore for CSR-driven infrastructure development in Odisha’s Nuapada, Balangir, and Sambalpur districts.
- Navitas Solar, a prominent Surat-based module manufacturing company, is actively enhancing education, environment, and skill development through CSR initiatives, positively impacting marginalized communities for a brighter future.
Skill development news from the ITIs
- The Government Industrial Training Institute (ITI) in Aliganj conducted an Employment Day fair on August 21, 2023. The event saw participation from 17 national and international companies, all in search of young candidates to fill various positions.
- ABB India has partnered with NSDC and ESSCI for a CSR initiative to refurbish the Government ITI in Peenya, Bengaluru, enhancing skills under the “Skill India” program.
Skill development news from the academia
- INIFD Kothrud partners with Medhavi Skills University and NSDC to offer innovative Fashion and Interior Design programs under NEP 2020, blending academic excellence with skill-building expertise.
- The US State Department to launch an education program in line with India’s NEP, offering Indian academics the opportunity to pursue a one-time professional master’s degree with a specialized focus at American colleges.
- IIT Roorkee hosted a two-day ICSSR-sponsored national seminar on “Revamping Indian Tradition through NEP 2020.” The event covered topics like Atmanirbhar Bharat, youth empowerment, gender, and skill development.
- Elgi Vocational Training School partners with Central University of Tamil Nādu for a 3-year B. Voc program in Production Technology under NSQF, focusing on theory and practical skills for manufacturing careers.
- The New Curriculum Framework (NCF) mandates three languages for grades 9 and 10, including two Indian languages. Grades 11-12 require one Indian and one other language, per the committee led by former ISRO chief K Kasturirangan.
- A total of149 students selected through the Udhyami Haryana Program received their commendation certificates at the graduation ceremony for accomplished entrepreneurs.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Andhra Pradesh: AP State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) offers free Python course in Nandyal district to boost employment prospects for computer graduates.
- Chhattisgarh: The government of Chhattisgarh focusing on youth skill development with education, programs, and jobs trained 43,862 youths under Chief Minister Skill Development Scheme for industry-ready skills.
- Uttar Pradesh: The government of Uttar Pradesh approved the proposal to expand the Chief Minister’s Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme to include all higher education graduates under the scheme.
- Jammu and Kashmir: Addressing the skill gap among unemployed youth in Kupwara district, Director of Employment J and K, Nisar Ahmad Wani, launched a three-month training course titled “Domestic IT Helpdesk Attendant.”
- Jharkhand: Jharkhand Minister of Women, Child Development and Social Security Joba Majhi inaugurated a multi skill development centre at Chaibasa to generate employment opportunities for the youth.
- Ladakh: Ladakh Skill Development Mission and Wadhwani Foundation launch “Employability Skills Training” to enhance student employability in the region’s educational institutions.
- Punjab: AAP’s Rajya Sabha MP Vikramjit Singh Sahney announced plans to establish 10 skill centers, generating 10,000 jobs in Punjab.
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.