NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Skill development news from the government
- At the National Council Meeting of the CII, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan spoke about the need for industry, academia, and policymakers to collaborate to develop a workforce prepared for the future, promote economic growth, and advance social welfare. Read more…
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister for Education, Skill Development, and Entrepreneurship attended a stakeholder consultation on the draft National Credit Framework (NCrF) on November 21, 2022, at IIT Delhi. Read more…
- On November 25, 2022, Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar inaugurated the Digital India startup hub at the Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) centre in Davanagere, Karnataka, to usher in new opportunities for jobs and entrepreneurships for the people in the region.
- On November 22, 2022, via video conference, the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, distributed over 71,000 appointment letters to newly inducted recruits under Rozgar Mela.
- On November 24, 2022, Union Education, Skill Development, and Entrepreneurship Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan met with education ministers from Mauritius, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, and Ghana in New Delhi. Read more…
Skill development news from the industry
- To manage India’s increasing urbanization in a sustainable, informed, and planned manner, the School of Planning and Architecture Delhi (SPA-D) and the Association of Geospatial Industries (AGI) have signed an MOU.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) announced the opening of its second AWS infrastructure Region in Hyderabad, which would support around 48,000 full-time jobs yearly.
- The NASSCOM Foundation has successfully trained over 200 agri-women entrepreneurs in the Maharashtra districts of Latur and Osmanabad in order to empower rural women entrepreneurs in the digital economy.
- India is quickly emerging as one of the most important technological change leaders, particularly in the areas of digital technology and other frontier technologies.
- DJIME and ESSCI have signed an MOU with the aim of developing a world’s best eco-system for the creation of a workforce that is prepared for the future in the electronics system design and manufacturing sector.
- More than 59,000 Deloitte volunteers gathered for skill-building and environmental awareness, and working with NGOs in over 300 locations for learning activities was part of the initiative.
- According to Nokia India, with government support, India will have the fastest rollout of 5G in the world and be the biggest success of next-generation telecom services.
- Aims Media’s Walk with a Difference (WWAD) Season 3 fashion pageant featured the hidden talents of differently-abled people and provided them with a platform to showcase their personalities.
- Five deserving people of the transgender community will receive vocational training in beauty and aesthetics from Round Table and Ladies Circle in collaboration with Naturals Salon.
- According to the Apprenticeship Outlook Report, up to 77% of employers will likely boost their apprentice pool in the second half of 2022 (July-December), increasing from 46% at the same time last year.
- BEL Ghaziabad and ALIMCO signed an MoU for the purpose of supporting disabled people (Divyangjan) who have restrictions on doing day-to-day activities due to the loss of a physical or sensory organ due to birth or an accident.
Skill development news from ITIs
- To educate the students and other participants about the rising number of cyber frauds and online financial crimes, RBI held a nationwide intensive awareness workshop on 24th November 2022, at Government ITI Kishtwar in partnership with Lead Bank Office.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from academia
- To build a strong and proactive talent pool, Movate recently signed MoUs with two academies: Telangana Academy for Skill and Knowledge (TASK) and ICT Academy.
- On December 13 and 14, 2022, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will provide an online teacher training program for teachers on the topic of “Medical Diagnostic.”
- Internshala Trainings has announced the Internshala Trainings Skill Development Scholarship Program worth Rs 1.5 crore, with the purpose of training over one lakh college students in fields such as engineering, management, and design, among others.
- 90 youths received skill training from the Suman Nirmal Minda Foundation. Students enrolled in vocational training programs for cutting and tailoring, beauty culture, and computers received certificates.
- The Institute of Bakery & Culinary Arts (IBCA) has announced applications for their different programs. This program gives learners the chance to learn about hospitality and culinary arts from insiders.
Skill development news from the States/UTs
- Assam: The Guwahati High Court has ordered the State Government to make sure that all facilities are made available to jail inmates who are prepared to enrol in vocational training.
- Arunachal Pradesh: The Tawang District Industries Centre initiated a skill development program in butter lamp-making on November 26th, 2022.
- Jammu and Kashmir: Mega job fair in Jammu was organized by the J&K Skill Development Department (SDD) and Desh Bhagat University (DBU), about 5000 candidates registered online and offline mode.
- West Bengal: Since its establishment in 2018, Peerless Skill Academy has enhanced community livelihood by delivering skill training to more than 14,000 students at 20 centres in partnership with Ramakrishna Mission (RKM).
Also read: NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 22112022 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-22112022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.