NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. Apart from keeping you updated, the skill development news snapshot could help you generate leads and opportunities to develop your business in the sector.
Here we go with the top headlines of the week,
Skill development news from the government
- Completing the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) program in Delhi, over 900 candidates were taught in August as part of the Skill India Mission, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan presented certificates to NDMC workers.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has decided to hold a workshop for about 10,000 girls in September as part of its flagship women empowerment program- Mission Shakti, with the goal of empowering girls and teaching them self-defense skills.
- HCL Technologies (HCL) has been awarded with the esteemed National CSR Award 2020 for their commitment to the fair and sustainable development of urban slum residing communities.
- MSDE and CBSE have announced the India @75 (Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav): Youth Ideathon 2022 and have urged the youth to share creative, entrepreneurial ideas to advance the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- JK Trust and the Nagaland government signed a memorandum of understanding to start an “Employment Linked Skill Training Program” in Kohima during the CSR Conclave, which aims to give youth job opportunities.
Skill development news from the industry
- An MOU was signed by Yantra India Ltd (DPSU) and the Vidarbha Defence Industries Association to establish a Center of Excellence, a Centralized Facility Center, and a Common Facility Center at the Ordnance Factory Amabazari in Nagpur.
- India will be able to create 10 million apprenticeships in the following ten years by addressing the nation’s unemployment issue, implementing programs to protect apprentices, and changing university teaching.
- The 9th CSR India Award 2022 awarded to HPCL’s SDI Vishakhapatnam for outstanding performance in the “Employment Enhancing Skills” category by Greentech Foundation in Guwahati.
- The Mokokchung district’s Chuchuyimlang hosted a six-day skill-training program for rural youth (STRYY) on the topic of “Organic Production of fruits and Vegetables” from August 20–25, 2022.
- Aurobindo Pharma provides skill training in pharmaceutical quality control and analytical techniques for youth in Srikakulam in order to provide jobs to local residents after they have completed skill-oriented training.
- Over 180 young people undergo training in Kupwara to help them develop professionally and start careers in retail and marketing that will help the nation’s economic and social development.
- The “Industry-Academia Forum” was established by Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) under the skill development centre to build a strong relationship between academic institutions and industries.
- A first of its type in the nation, soft skills training for 35,980 students was completed in the state by Microsoft, according to Chief Minister YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
- Rajeev Chandrasekhar, the minister of information technology, emphasized on the importance of the District Skill Committee (DSC) and the need to ensure that skill development occurs in accordance with the needs of the local businesses and the industry.
- To provide 400 rural women with employable training in the tailoring sector, Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL), a Miniratna business, signed an MoU with the Apparel Made-Ups & Home Furnishing Sector Skill Council.
Skill development news from ITIs
- The Directorate of Vocational Education and Training awarded Ambuja Pvt. Industrial Training Institute in Chandrapur, Maharashtra, is the Best Industrial Training Institute (ITI).
- 85 private ITIs were unable to enrol even one student. Only Ten percent of the seats have been filled, including in government ITIs. The second phase of counselling begins on August 30.
Skill development news from academia
- With the Australian counterpart, Jason Clare, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan had a bilateral meeting and served as co-chair of the sixth Australia India Education Council (AIEC) conference and decided to strengthen their cooperation in the fields of education and skill development.
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan takes part in a policy dialogue on developing future-ready skills. The potential use of Australian Skill Standards and Certification frameworks in India was discussed as a way to give youth the skills needed in the future, connect with jobs, and improve skilling outcomes.
- A program was launched by the Bharti Foundation and the Directorate of School Education to help students gain life skills by using a house system.
- To include skill-based online learning programs into its curricula across the schools of Business, Technology, and Design, Woxsen University has announced an extended partnership with the online learning platform Coursera.
- The process of filling seats in FYJC was delayed while DyDE awaited the publication of the class 10 results from all school education boards. More students choose diplomas, which causes junior colleges to have a lot of open seats.
Skill development news from states and UTs
- Andhra Pradesh: The Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology’s CSC Academy collaborated with Andhra University to develop a variety of skill-based online certificate programs.
- Jammu and Kashmir: A six-week program for women in Gurez to strengthen their entrepreneurial skills is being organized by the MSME Development and Facilitation office in Srinagar with the support of the local government.
- Kolkata: Phlebotomy Technician & General Duty Assistant Training Batches for Youth Were Inaugurated by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Ltd. (GRSE) at Ramakrishna Math
- Nagaland: The three-day Nagaland Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Investment Conclave 2022, with the theme “Partnerships for Strengthening Sustainable Development,” was launched at the NBCC Convention Centre in Kohima by Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- New Delhi: The first Agri Skills Conclave, with the support of MSDE and MoA&FW on improving the Skill Process and New Skilling, was hosted by the Agriculture Skill Council of India (ASCI) with the theme “Krishi se Atmanirbharta”.
- Orissa: The launch of the Center of Excellence (CoE) at the Government Industrial Training Institute (ITI), Cuttack, was recently announced by the Schneider Electric India Foundation (SEIF) and the Odisha Skill Development Authority.
- Punjab: A CBSE-organized orientation program on “School to Work Transition” and skill-based learning for Tricity principals was held at the school, and more than 170 school principals attended.
- Uttar Pradesh: In new schools that are requesting recognition from the U.P. Board, vocational education will now be provided to students in grades 9 through 12 using the “One District, One Product” (ODOP) model.
Also read: NSN weekly newsbytes on skills, education and training- 23082022 https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-newsbytes-on-skills-education-and-training-23082022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, and we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply