NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development newsbytes could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
This week’s top 5 updates from the skilling ecosystem
Here is a glimpse before you read more…
- IndiaSkills 2021 will be held in New Delhi from 6th to 10th January.
- The Central Government has launched a new programme, TEJAS to train and employ 10,000 Indian workers in the United Arab Emirates.
- An upskill project launched in Nagaland aims to upskill over 4,000 craftsmen and artisans in the state.
- Bihar state cabinet has given a green signal for setting up 89 ITIs.
- A Skill University will be established in Assam with an investment of INR 7.4 crore.
Skill development news from the government
- The Central Government has launched a new programme, TEJAS under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship to train and place 10,000 Indian workers in the United Arab Emirates in a one-year partnership with the leading employees of the region.
- The Ministry of Education has released the rankings of higher education institutions in the country on the basis of the institution’s contributions to promote startups, entrepreneurship, the establishment of pre-incubation and incubation centres and more. It has released the rankings this year in which SPPU, CoEP and SIU have bagged top ranks.
- Focusing on a platform that matches the supply of skilled workforce with the market demand that facilitates better livelihood opportunities for youth and ready skilled manpower to employers, MSDE has launched the ASEEM portal. At present, there are 10 lakh migrant’s profiles on the ASEEM portal.
Skill development news from the industry
- IndiaSkills 2021 will be held at India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO), Pragati Maidan, New Delhi from 6th to 10th January under the guidance of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. The competition will be held with more than 500 participants from 26 states/ union territories covering 54 skills.
- As the awareness of apprenticeships has improved, the overall apprentice hiring has increased by 4% in the sectors like Manufacturing, Retail, BFSI, Logistics, Pharmaceuticals and ITeS and is expected to grow by 6% in 2022.
- Ambuja Cements Limited has trained and empowered rural youth across the country through 35 SEDIs that are spread across ten states. They are aiming to enable youth with secure jobs and sustainable livelihoods.
- IHCL, CII and EHL Education Group, Switzerland have collaborated together to offer an 18-month Diploma Programme to hospitality industry students at CII’s VET by EHL Learning Centres with Swiss quality education across India.
Skill development news from the academia
- Arena Animation, a trendsetter in the non-formal academic curriculum within the Media and Entertainment space has now completed 25 years of training and enabled illustrious careers in India. It is laying the foundation of employability and skill-building internationally.
- Eight skill development programmes have been launched in partnership with Dr. YS Parmar University of UHF and HPKVN and an MoU was also signed to facilitate this collaboration. It is a seven-day skill development programme.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the states
- Assam- To establish a skill university across the north-eastern state of Assam, JFPR has given a grant of INR 7.4 crore to ADB with an aim to strengthen skill education and develop social skills among youth.
- Bihar – Bihar state cabinet has given a green signal for setting up 89 ITIs during the financial year 2022-23 to provide quality technical education to the youth of the state.
- Gujarat – While addressing an event organised by the labour and employment department to celebrate “good governance week” in Ahmedabad, chief minister, Bhupendra Patel has said that the employment exchanges provided jobs to 1.66 lakh candidates and in the past five years, 17.31 lakh persons were provided jobs.
- Jammu and Kashmir – Aiming at training the construction workers with industry-relevant skills, NAREDCO, NULM and the Government of Jammu and Kashmir has signed an agreement to train them within two years.
- Jammu and Kashmir – The ‘Skill Hub Initiative’ programme was launched in Jammu and Kashmir under the Samagra Shiksha project. Project Director, Samagra Shiksha, Mr. Deep Raj Kanethia said that 40 schools have been identified as ‘skill hubs’ in the Union Territory but initially, the programme is being launched in nine government schools as a pilot project.
- Manipur – A three-month-long Skill Development up-gradation Training and Capacity Building Programme for Women Unity SHG Federation will be held in Manipur. Read more…
- Nagaland- With an aim to upskill and train the cane and bamboo artisans of Nagaland under the RPL, Mr. Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State, MSDE, Ministry of Electronics and IT has launched an upskilling project digitally. The project targets to upskill over 4,000 craftsmen and artisans in the state.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-28122021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.