NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
National Skills Network (NSN) is launching an interactive workshop series called the “NSN Catalyse”. The first workshop in this series is titled “Skill development and vocational education in India: An orientation workshop”.
Date: 9th April, 2022
Time: 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM
Payment and Registration Link: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/workshop/
Certification: Based on participation in the workshop
Participant fee per person: Rs. 499/- but introductory offer for limited seats is Rs. 299/-
Skill development news from the government
- LuLu International Exchange has inked an agreement with NSDC International for Project Tejas to help skilled Indians find a job that is worthy of their education and training in the UAE.
- Aiming at upgrading skills among the unemployed youth being run at skill development centres, a six-month duration was started by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
- A five-day self – defence training – “Meri Suraksha, Meri Zimmedari”, was inaugurated by MSDE to focus on the capacity building while modernizing the thinking and the approach of the government employees. This programme has been organised by the Sports, Physical Education, Fitness and Leisure Skills Council (SPEFL-SC).
- A chance to showcase the start-ups business proposition and to get a chance to win cash prizes up to Rs 65 lakhs and other rewards, Amazon India has announced the launch of the Amazon Sambhav Entrepreneurship Challenge 2022.
- MSDE felicitated more than 60 winners of the JuniorSkills 2021, the country’s first championship for school students with cash prizes, certificates and medals. Gold medal winners will get an opportunity to travel to Shanghai in October 2022. Read more…
Skill development news from the industry
- With the alarming shortage of internet security professionals, Microsoft has introduced a cybersecurity skills development campaign in India and by 2025, there will be 3.5 million cybersecurity jobs available globally.
- Aiming to provide industry knowledge and on-ground expertise to enable more women to work in logistics and supply chains, DSEU and Even Cargo have signed an MoU to develop a course curriculum for logistics and transportation courses at the university.
Skill development news from the academia
- With an aim to provide vocational training to students, school dropouts and to those seeking employment, India plans to set up skill hubs across the country with 5,000 centres planned in its first phase.
- A two-month-long skill development course on IT/ITeS has been started for disabled people by Nabet India and AECOM. A brief introduction to spoken English and communication skills are also being added in the curriculum.
- Genius Foundation, the CSR arm of the leading human resources organization, commenced the training sessions which were started on 14th March, 2022. These sessions are to develop skills amongst young workers to further add value and increase employability.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the states
- Assam – CSR projects of Coal India Ltd will help in providing better education and healthcare. Hence, Coal minister Pralhad Joshi has announced several CSR projects of state-owned CIL for the development of aspirational district Darrang in Assam.
- Chandigarh – Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Sector 26 have organised a skill development programme with a focus to develop soft and professional skills of interns from April 1 to 8.
- Delhi – The skilled craftsmen from Jammu and Kashmir and Nagaland showcased their rich heritage and traditional handicraft in the 53rd edition of IHGF Delhi Fair in the National Capital Region and consequently, two recent skilling initiatives by MSDE have started bearing fruits.
- Gujarat – TSSC has signed an MoU with the Kaushalya Skill University of Gujarat for a period of five years to promote skilled manpower in the telecom sector including focus on drone technology and other emergent technologies.
- Himachal Pradesh – Career Point University (CPU) of Hamirpur has signed an MoU with THSC with an aim to promote cooperation in the field of academic and research and to provide vocational education to the students.
- Jammu and Kashmir– With an aim to develop world class Centers of Excellence and Product Innovation Centre, in collaboration with industry partners that offer quality skill training ecosystem for trainees and promote innovation and startups, the University of Jammu Special Purpose Vehicle foundation (UOJSPVF) has signed an MoU with the Electronics Sector Skill Council of India (ESSCI).
- Jammu and Kashmir – To bring socio-economic development in the community, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha urged the Jammu and Kashmir Waqf board to construct schools, colleges, industrial training institutes and hospitals to serve the 1.25 crore citizens of the Union Territory.
- Karnataka – Government Model Industrial Training Institute (ITI), Bengaluru in partnership with HMSI inaugurated Karnataka’s third Skill Enhancement Centre at Bengaluru. This centre will empower local youth with job-oriented technical skill training in the city.
- Mizoram – During the closing ceremony of ‘KAWTCHHUAH 2022 : A start-up fair for Govt. I.T.I pass-outs’ held recently in Aizawl, the LESDE Minister of Mizoram – Pu Lalchhandama Ralte said that the ITI graduates should broaden their mindset towards skill development and strengthen the ecosystem in the northeastern state.
- Punjab – To impart vocational skills to the special children so that they could be self-employed after completion of their studies, a vocational training centre was inaugurated at Patiala School for Deaf and Blind in Patiala. The centre was inaugurated by spiritual saint from the USA Swami Nalinanand.
- Rajasthan – In providing skill training to the unemployed youths, only 22.81% of the total funds allocated for Rajasthan has been utilised so far.
- Tamil Nadu – TNSDC has joined hands with RCPSDC to boost the skilling across hundreds of units involved in rubber, chemical and petrochemical (Plastic) sectors especially MSMEs. RCPSDC will develop the NSQF – compliant course curriculum to maintain high training standards.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-29032022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.
Leave a Reply