NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
On the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi Jayanthi, Team NSN organized a webinar on “Head, Hand and Heart”: Relevance of craft-centered education for 21st century skills.
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- HESCOM Karnataka is inviting applications for Apprenticeship Training for the FY-2021-22 from B.E Graduate and Diploma Holders. Last date – 20th October 2021
- Railway Recruitment Cell, South East Central Railway, Bilaspur Division invites ONLINE applications for the year 2021 – 22. Last date- 10th October 2021
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Updates from the skilling and TVET arena
Highlights of the week- 05102021
- With an aim to empower women graduates with industry-relevant skills and prepare them for employment, Marico Limited, India’s leading FMCG company has collaborated with ICT Academy to extend its Digital Women Economic Initiative to upskill over 2000 women.
- An MoU has been signed by a leading EdTech company, CareerLabs and Tech Mahindra and business re-engineering services to transform over 3000 graduates into skilled professionals with industry-relevant and technical skills
- With the ongoing system of digital learning, ICRI, an online learning platform is launching 30 new courses related to AI, Logistics and many others for students to give exposure to new age courses.
- The Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission was launched through a video conference by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The mission entails not only the development of a unique health ID for each individual but also the creation of a digital registration of healthcare practitioners and institutions. Read more…
- To impart industry-relevant technical and soft skills in the automotive retail value chain to the youth, Maruti Suzuki India has partnered with Tata Institute of Social Sciences – School of Vocational Education (TISS-SVE), Mumbai.
- Marie Claire Paris launched its two Salon and Wellness outlets in Bengaluru post-lockdown. They are planning to start 30 vocational training academies in the next five years.
- NCERT, Tech Avant-Garde and Microsoft have signed an agreement together to provide digital literacy, creating basic IT infrastructure and enhance Digital Transformation and Holistic Learning (DTHL) in education as per NEP, 2020.
- With an aim to prioritise skill development among students, Karnataka’s Department of Higher Education and Information Technology (IT) is planning to enter into three MoUs through which Infosys also can be utilised.
- The first Japan-India Institute of Manufacturing (JIM) in the country, India Yamaha Motor (IYM) has a technical training institute in association with NTTF through which 27 students were successfully graduated.
- The automobile industry veteran, Vinod Aggarwal has been appointed as the president of the Automotive Skills Development Council (ASDC) replacing Nikunj Sanghi whose tenure will end in four years.
- With an aim to enhance technical training and to provide better employment and entrepreneurship opportunities to the youth of Manipur, the government has signed a three-year agreement with Tata technologies
- With an aim to help and support the families who were affected by Covid-19, TCS is starting the ‘Youth Employment Programme’ through CSR. The programme will train the youth in communication skills, quantitative aptitude and more
- Industrial Training Institute (ITI), Berhampur, Odisha got the admissions in various trades and most of them are girls who account for around 30 percent of new students
- To enable students into vocational courses, the ministries of education and skill development are having talks to provide certificates for skill courses and to help students get into mainstream colleges to earn a degree.
- In the world of fast-paced technology, the Ministry of Labour and Employment has joined hands with Microsoft India and launched a digital skills programme, DigiSaksham to enhance employment opportunities for the youth in rural and semi-urban areas.
- With an aim to fill the knowledge gap electric vehicle (EV) industry and to build a large community of skilled experts in India, Pune-based start-up, Autobot has signed an MoU with Bengaluru-based Cell Propulsion to provide a blended learning platform.
- Saina Nehwal Institute of Agricultural Technology and Training and of Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University (HAU) organised online vocational training in mushroom production in which 41 trainees participated.
- The new electronic manufacturing cluster (EMC) is being set up at IMT Sohra by the ‘Haryana State Industrial Development Corporation’ (HSIDC) with the approved grant of Rs. 331.04 crore.
- On the occasion of Mahatma Gandhi’s birth anniversary, the Aam Aadmi Party’s (AAP) youth unit has conducted workshops on career guidance, skill development for 100 youth to build confidence in attending interviews in this fast-paced system.
- To enhance skill development in students, Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) will be signing an MoU with New York University (NYU) to offer training in skill development courses under ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- Symbiosis Centre for Skill Development (SCSD), Nagpur has organised a webinar, “Skilled India” to acknowledge students about good skilling and ways to get better job opportunities.
- Automotive Skills Development Council (ASDC) organised ASDC Annual Conclave 2021 in New Delhi focusing on bringing industry experts to provide key insights to build a skilling ecosystem.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-28092021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.