NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Bangalore Complex invites applications from eligible and interested candidates for Apprenticeship Training- Last date- 28th July 2021
- Online applications are invited from interested candidates who have passed ITI exam from UP or MP based institutes only- Last day- 9th July 2021
- NPCIL invites applications in the prescribed format for engagement of Trade Apprentices- Last date- 7th July 2021
To know more about the apprenticeships please visit: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/apprenticeships-internships/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Top headlines of the week
- The University of Goa has introduced two six-month vocational programs with the approval of UGC which are meant to provide upward mobility to students to pursue higher education in the vocational system.
- A Zen Garden and Kaizen Academy were inaugurated at Ahmedabad Management Association (AMA) in Ahmedabad by Prime Minister Narendra Modi through a video conference.
- The overall intake of apprentices across India has seen a significant surge. As per the latest findings, the hiring of apprentices has increased by 35% in the financial year 2020-21.
- IIT Ropar has collaborated with Punjab Skill Development Mission to launch job oriented courses
- With all its courses designed to enhance skill development with a purpose of self-reliance, the GNDU’s department of lifelong learning has now introduced 20-day computer-oriented programme in fashion, cosmetology and creative arts.
- Tata Electronics has partnered with SASTRA University to develop domain experience that will further enhance the skill of the workforce in the field of electronics design and manufacturing.
- With an aim to catalyse women entrepreneurship in Jammu and Kashmir, a comprehensive programme HAUSLA- inspiring her growth was launched.
- Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India (SGEI) has partnered with HSSC to upskill the GI technician in the endoscopy area.
- NCERT has been asked to develop separate National Curriculum Frameworks (NCFs) for school, early-childhood, teacher and adult education, as part of the process to implement the new National Education Policy.
- The government of UP has started the process to include vocational education as an introductory course, covering various trades, from Class 6 to 8 under NEP-2020.
- The Punjab Department of technical education and industrial training has decided to make the admission process for all 119 industrial training institutes (ITIs) in the state completely online.
- The National Institute of Technology (NIT) has partnered with the Electronics Sector Skills Council of India (ESSCI) on collaborating for skill development programs in the electronic sector with the institute.
- The Odisha government is developing the state-run College of Engineering in Keonjhar to a centre of excellence in research of Earth Sciences and Technology at a cost of Rs 42.50 crore.
- Elite Techno Groups has organized a month-long Bootcamp on Industrial Technology for Engineers (BITE) with the help of industry experts and key speakers from top engineering companies to help students get industrial exposure.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-29062021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.