Here we go with this week’s NSN weekly round-up, which include a wide range of events and updates from the industry, government, academia, and other players in the skilling and TVET area. The current news and events may be able to assist you in generating leads for expanding your firm in this field.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government
- While presenting the Union Budget 2022-23, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that a Digital Ecosystem for Skilling and Livelihood (DESH-Stack) E-portal will be launched to upskill, skill and re-skill the citizens in online training. It will also be made available in different Indian languages.
- The centre has released Rs. 4282 crores for schemes in the North-Eastern region during the past five years. It has also released Rs. 2021 crores for renewable energy projects.
Skill development news from the industry
- To increase the engagement in marketing in millennials and Gen-Z, Influencer marketing and talent management agency, Iplix Media is going to extend its partnership with Skillshare to create a symphony between creators and brands.
- With an aim to create growth and sustainable livelihoods for deprived sections like transgenders, ICICI Foundation has started a pilot skill development training on November 15th, 2021 at Jaipur. ICICI Foundation assisted a classroom set-up at Garima Greh for the ‘Assistant Beauty Therapist’ programme.
- As Digital Marketing is the future of work, India is leading in digital skills with 72% of respondents of the survey. According to the latest Global Digital Skills Index, the respondents were learning digital skills.
Skill development news from the academia
- Focusing on strengthening the vocational and technical training framework in the skill ecosystem, MSDE and IGNOU have inaugurated 33 Extension Centres.
Skill development news from the states
- Andhra Pradesh – Andhra University in Visakhapatnam is planning to build two additional floors for skill development and an online testing centre which would cost around Rs. 2.8 crore to the university.
- Bihar – The Bihar government has signed an MoU with Tata Technologies with an aim to convert 150 ITIs into Centres of Excellence (CoE). The MoU was signed in the presence of Labour Resource Development Minister, Jibesh Kumar.
- Karnataka- As bridging the gap between academics and industry is the need of the hour, Karnatak College, Dharwad (KCD) has signed an MoU with Bosch. The agreement was signed between the Vice-Chancellor of the University and the Bosch representative.
- Karnataka- In an aim to train and empower thousands of women entrepreneurs in rural areas, Amazon India has signed an MoU with KSRLPS in the presence of Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai and Minister of Skill Development, Entrepreneurship and Livelihood CN Ashwath Narayan.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-02022022/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.