The NSN weekly round-up on skills, education, and training will keep you up to date on the latest developments in the skilling and TVET area from industry, government, academia, and other stakeholders. The skill development news snippets will keep you informed and may help you gain some leads for building your business in this field.
Apprenticeship updates from the skilling industry
- Railway Recruitment Cell, West Central Railway Division invites ONLINE applications for the year 2021 – 22. Last date- 11th November 2021.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) – Integrated Test Range (ITR) Chandipur is inviting applications for 116 Graduate Apprentices, Technician Apprentice and Trade Apprentice posts. Last date – 15th November 2021.
- Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) of North Central Railways has invited applications for apprentices for 1664 posts across various trades, workshops, and divisions of the NCR. The posts will be filled in Agra, Jhansi, and Prayagraj for the year 2021-22. Last date- 1st December 2021.
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) has invited applications to offer graduate and diploma apprenticeships. A total of 63 apprenticeship positions are on offer. Last date – 30th November 2021.
- Naval Dockyard Apprentices School, Visakhapatnam, Indian Navy inviting applications from ITI Qualified Indian National Candidates for Apprenticeship Training in the various designated trades for a period of One Year. Last date – 5th December 2021.
- The Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), has started the registration process for recruitment of apprentices at its locations in Bihar, West Bengal, Odisha, Assam and Jharkhand. Applicants can apply for the 527 technical and non-technical vacancies at the official website. Last date – 4th December 2021
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Updates from the skilling and TVET arena
Highlights of the week- 09112021
- The government of Andhra Pradesh is going to prioritise technical and skill-based education as it is important to create employment opportunities in such sectors.
- The Ministry of Rural Development of the Government of India (MoRD) has collaborated with Flipkart for their ambitious Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM) program. The program aims to empower local businesses and self-help groups (SHGs) – especially those that are led by women – by bringing them into the e-commerce fold. Read more…
- Two webinars will be held by IIM and Bangalore’s CTL on November 8th on the topic, ‘National Education Policy and its impact on the Education Landscape in India’ and November 15th on the topic, ‘Is National Education Policy (NEP) a Game-Changer for Higher Education?’ as part of Samiksha series on the NEP.
- Samsung Technical School alumni Rajneesh Kumar Jaiswal and Debraj Das have bagged a Gold and a Silver medal at the prestigious IndiaSkills L2 and West Bengal Skills 2021 competitions respectively.
- Tata Steel’s Shavak Nanavati Technical Institute (SNTI) has celebrated its Centenary with a series of events and engagements to observe this 100-year milestone.
- Mahanadi Coalfields (MCL) has signed two MoUs with the Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering and Technology (CIPET), Bhubaneswar, for providing skill development training to the youths from the peripheral villages of mining areas through two CSR initiatives namely ‘Udaan’ and ‘Sahyog’.
- Queries regarding short-term courses and other training sessions have started at DAVV which are going to be conducted at the Centre of Excellence in Logistics in collaboration with the Logistics Sector Skill Council.
- Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Electronics and IT urged Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) to establish a digital platform connecting all entrepreneurs in the sector to a wider market during his visit to the India Handicrafts Fair.
- In Karnataka, a skill demand assessment survey will be done to gather data on regional skill requirements, paving the path for youth to be trained to meet current demands.
- BSES Rajdhani Power Limited (BRPL) has collaborated with Havells India Limited (HIL) to launch a unique training program for electricians which will be carried-out in phases. 1000 electricians will be trained in the first phase.
- The MSBSD has started the admission process for 167 courses for a period of six months and 107 courses for one year. Students will get admission directly for the second year if they complete the two-year course.
- In the QS Asia University rankings, Calcutta University has been ranked first among all the other Indian state Universities and also ranks third among the Indian universities.
- Former RSLDC chairman Neeraj Pawan has been made the training partner for the repackaged version of the unemployment allowance scheme, Mukhyamantri Yuva Sambal Yojana despite being indulged in controversies.
- Karnataka minister for Skill Development and Higher Education Ashwath Narayan said that a skill demand assessment survey will be conducted to enable planning of skill development training in a proper way.
- With an aim to create awareness on environmental protection and proper management of e-waste, students of ITI Berhampur have developed a 30-feet long unique sculpture made out of e-waste.
- A unique training programme is being launched for the electricians which will be trained in phases by signing an MoU with BRPL, HIL and a consumer durables company.
- Speaking on the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas, the Union Education and Skill Development Minister Dharmendra Pradhan has focused on promoting language learning as a skill with a formal credit earning system.
- An ed-tech platform named GUVI which will help in developing skills in areas like cyber security, programming languages, cloud computing has now come up with exciting offers for IT aspirants or anyone who wishes to upskill themselves.
- With an aim to prevent road accidents caused by naps, Sachin Kumar a student from ITI, Saket has prepared glasses that ring an alarm when the driver blinks and alerts him/her.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-02112021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.