NSN weekly round-up on skills, education and training will keep you updated on the industry, government, academia and other stakeholders in the skilling and TVET space. The skill development news snippets could help you get some leads for developing your business in this sector and will keep you informed.
Latest government and non-government jobs and projects in the skilling industry
Government skill development projects: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/projects/
Free E-Books from NSN: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/e-books-download-page/
Skill development news from the government, industry and academia
Top headlines of the week
- To make skill development schemes accessible to the target group, the government has launched an online portal and mobile app called PM Daksh.
- The Samagra Shiksha Scheme will be extended for school education for another five years which is till 31st March 2026.
- District Skill Committee (DSC) is going to act as the on ground monitoring and inspection agency for the empanelled training centres under PMKVY 3.0.
- DXC Technology has partnered with NASSCOM Foundation to launch the employability skills program to train 7,500 underserved students in new-age technologies’.
- South Korean confectionary company Orion, makers of Choco-Pie, has announced an investment of ₹200 crore to set up a manufacturing unit in Rajasthan. The company will also hire 1,000 people in India in the next two years to expand its business.
- The government has decided to incentivize the manufacturing sector by taking the following steps – Ease of doing business and compliance burden; Startup India; Production linked incentive scheme; Foreign direct investment scheme (FDI); Public procurement.
- Indian youth are getting placements under the short-term training programme of the PMKVY scheme during the COVID-19 pandemic. This has helped in reducing the unemployment rate in the country.
- IBM is going to set up a software lab in Kochi which develops and delivers next-generation software portfolios.
- The government of Haryana has partnered with Walmart Vriddhi’ and ‘Haqdarshak’ company to help MSME products reach the international market.
- Clevered is going to offer a first of its kind Artificial Intelligence Internship Program (AIIP) in association with a senior researcher from the University of Oxford.
- ASDC has collaborated with ISIE India and MG Motor with an aim to address the issues about electric vehicles and to create skilled manpower for the automobile industry.
- The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) has partnered with the University of Agricultural Science (UAS) with an aim to boost agri-exports in India.
- CBSE, in partnership with UNICEF, is going to launch online career guidance and counselling portal for students of classes 9th to 12th.
- Rajasthan Skill and Livelihoods Development Corporation has provided vocational training and jobs to beggars of the state to help them live their life with dignity.
- CII has partnered with ITC Hotels to launch vocational education training in the hospitality sector.
- Aptech Limited’s media and entertainment vocational training brand Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics (MAAC) has opened a new centre in Kalkaji, New Delhi.
- The Bharathiar University is going to offer a few technology-based online certificate programs and also partner with local industries for internships, apprenticeships and research opportunities.
- Delhi Skill and Entrepreneurship University (DSEU) has partnered with Mercedes-Benz India to launch an Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics.
- National Council for Applied Economic Research (NCAER) will help CBSE schools to identify the constraints, prepare solutions and help expose their students to vocational education.
- The Union ministry of commerce and industry has renamed the Rubber Training Institute (RTI) under the Rubber Board.
- The participation of the female workforce in India’s labour market has seen year-on-year growth, resulting in a dip in the unemployment rate for the women workforce.
Have you missed the previous edition of Newsbytes? Click here to view: https://www.nationalskillsnetwork.in/nsn-weekly-round-up-on-skills-education-and-training-03082021/
The news bytes are curated and adapted from various sources with the sole objective of keeping our readers updated about the evolving skills industry in India.
We compile and adapt these new snippets from various sources, if any source has objections or other concerns, please write to us at email@example.com, giving valid reasons, we will remove the link to your content.